*** The Official Iowa Hawkeye Game Discussion Thread ***

rawhide

If Ameer had been in on the second play Ryker made (hand off to Pierson El) he would've seen that hole and been gone. I agree. Tommy needs to sit this one out. I would like to see Ryker play or Stanton even. Give these kids who are going to be back next year playing time. Iowa looks awful! Good grief! A pick and a fumble in the Red Zone? Good grief!

Armstrong will be back next year, but I really hope he is not the starting QB next year. Everyone has been so high on Stanton, I want to see what this kid has to offer. If can't be any worse than the product we're seeing on the field with TA

If for some reason this staff he still here next year, Stanton won't be. As for TA, while driving home I was forced to listen to Iowa's broadcasters for the entire first quarter on satellite radio. On a TA overthrow of AA in the flat, (for the 10 millionth time) they stated that "That is Tommy Armstrong in a nutshell, he doesn't have the accuracy to be a QB at this level yet."

I don't know of any more damming thing that can be said about a QB from an opposing broadcast team.

Our offense is a complete joke. Take away Abdullah and we have nothing. TA doesn't scare anyone.

I maintain the stance that the following players are really good but are totally mis-used by Beck:

1) Armstrong

2) Cross

3) Newby

4) Janovich

5) Carter

Get a quality OC, and you'll see how good of players we really have on offense. But then again, it wouldn't surprise me to see Stanton as the starter with a new OC at the helm.

What quality OC is going to want to work for a micromanger like Bo? Before it was Watson's fault, now it's Beck's. Lay blame where it deserves to be, that is at the HC who can't get over his control issues.