Article: The Pelini Parodox

I think that is about as positive of an article as you are going to get from Dirk about Pelini. And, he hit the nail on the head with the situation that we are in.

100% agree. Dirk certainly leads towards firing Pelini at times, but, this article was pretty fair and almost perfectly fits how I feel. I've never wanted to see Bo gone and always wanted him to succeed. Also, I'm worried about getting rid of him and the unknown of a coach who may only win us five or six games next year. At the same time, how many chances do you give a coach who has made this program better known for holding up a cat than anything they've done on the field.

Most football programs have ups and downs, and if a coach can lead a team to a really good year (meaning winning the conference title and competing in a top bowl game), I would say most fans are more forgiving if the next year sees only 8 or 9 wins. I would be more than willing to give Bo a vote of confidence had he won a conference title or two, but he's plateaued, and shows no signs of correcting those things that are preventing his teams of winning a conference title.

We are quite literally accepting mediocrity if Bo is retained. Because some here are scared of change, the unknown and quite possibly the sun.

Give us the name of the guy who rocks your world and the timeline in which he hoists the trophy. (I repeat myself). Desperately wanting change for the better isn't the same as having a plan.

Otherwise, I'm for telling Pelini that he needs to be in the Conference championship and/or Top Ten next year. Pelini's teams seem to perform best when their backs are against the wall, let's see if it works for the coach.