Now that Bo is almost certainly back, what next?

Anyone who thinks Bo will hand over the reins on defense to someone else is as high as a kite

Yeah, this is where the replace-the-coordinators theory falls apart. Pelini seems to have complete control over all facets of the team. Replacing one of these guys isn't going to change much of anything. If he wanted other viewpoints he would have hired experienced coordinators in the first place.

SE better make the "right" decision. If Bo is retained, then certainly nothing will change from next year other than a larger drop in ticket sales. Embarrassments on national TV followed by excuses will still flourish.

Well, the world won't end. We'll probably get another season like this one or the last several. Some fans will grumble, but Pelini will hold up a cat or some other hijinks and all will be forgotten until the losses begin piling up again.

I don't think so. We are pretty deep down the rabbit hole after year 7. Something will happen either this year or next worst case. The people in charge know what is at stake. We have some deep pockets as well. Much more so than lowly Illinois for example, I'm hoping for some news in the next couple of days.

I'll believe Bo's gone when I see it. The "what next" could be answered with "9-4".

And a 16th year without a conference championship.

And an end to the sellout streak.

And a couple blow outs.

And at least one loss to a team he has no business losing too.

And a resignation that those in power around here are content to basically be Wisconsin's B****.

Anyone who thinks Bo will hand over the reins on defense to someone else is as high as a kite

Yeah, this is where the replace-the-coordinators theory falls apart. Pelini seems to have complete control over all facets of the team. Replacing one of these guys isn't going to change much of anything. If he wanted other viewpoints he would have hired experienced coordinators in the first place.

SE better make the "right" decision. If Bo is retained, then certainly nothing will change from next year other than a larger drop in ticket sales. Embarrassments on national TV followed by excuses will still flourish.

Well, the world won't end. We'll probably get another season like this one or the last several. Some fans will grumble, but Pelini will hold up a cat or some other hijinks and all will be forgotten until the losses begin piling up again.

I don't think so. We are pretty deep down the rabbit hole after year 7. Something will happen either this year or next worst case. The people in charge know what is at stake. We have some deep pockets as well. Much more so than lowly Illinois for example, I'm hoping for some news in the next couple of days.

I think the AD will wait for him to sustain 5-6 loses before he makes a move........chickensh#t!

Great Point

Bo didn't have one bad game this year. That is where people need to use their eyes and intelligence and stop looking at results. WATCH AND ANALYZE the games. Being generous, we had bad games against McNeese St, MSU, Minnesota, Iowa and one of the worst games in the history of the program.

A bad game shouldn't be defined as losing by 30+ points. A bad game should be: did a specific's game performance translate to playing well against another team of equal talent.

Just watch all the games on right now and think to yourself: If we played like we did yesterday, how would we stack up against Bama, Auburn, Georgia Tech, Georgia, FSU, Florida, Ohio State, Ole Miss, Miss St. If we play yesterday's game against any of those teams, the average margin of victory is greater than 3 TD's. For me, that doesn't equate to a "good" game. The win doesn't matter, the quality of the product, coaching, preparation, and execution matters.

Great Point

1. Bo had his first two-game losing streak this year in 2 years;

This would mean much more if it were his first in 7 years

2. Bo had one bad game this year;

Bo had four bad games: McNeese St (he can thank Ameer for the "W", Michigan St, Wisconsin, and Minnesota)

3. Yesterday's come-from-behind-victory shows that Bo won't quit;

Yesterday's come-from-behind victory shows the players won't quit

4. Bo beat Georgia in last year's bowl game;

Bo beat an injury riddled Georgia last year

5. Bo didn't go ballistic at all this week, showing that he has some composure

Bo didn't go ballistic at all this week, showing he sees the writing on the wall: he gone

Great point - Possibly

I think the AD will wait for him to sustain 5-6 loses before he makes a move........chickensh#t!

Great Point

why do you make threads

Because more people respond to my threads than any other poster!

NOPE.

1. Bo had his first two-game losing streak this year in 2 years;

This would mean much more if it were his first in 7 years

2. Bo had one bad game this year;

Bo had four bad games: McNeese St (he can thank Ameer for the "W", Michigan St, Wisconsin, and Minnesota)

3. Yesterday's come-from-behind-victory shows that Bo won't quit;

Yesterday's come-from-behind victory shows the players won't quit

4. Bo beat Georgia in last year's bowl game;

Bo beat an injury riddled Georgia last year

5. Bo didn't go ballistic at all this week, showing that he has some composure

Bo didn't go ballistic at all this week, showing he sees the writing on the wall: he gone

Yeah, because we were sooooo healthy for that bowl game....