Pelini fired

Amac3309

It doesn't matter who Nu hires. Whoever it is, the faithful will bitch about it and will bitch for them to be fired every year were not undefeated. I'm sure coaches are lining up at the revolving door for the job.

A revolving door that takes 7 years and costs $25+ million to come back around and hit em in the ass? They'll be lining up at that door....

• Fire 1

Guys can we keep this civil? I don't know why people are thrilled with people and families being impacted by coaches losing their jobs. I thought Bo deserved to be fired, but I am not going to rejoice about it.

I understand the sentiments. I'm just not sure how impactful families are. In Bo's case they are $10 MILLION richer. Sorry fella, but since I am poor, I can only dream of such a tough situation to be in.

It's not the money aspect that I was commenting on. These are men, fathers, husbands, that have to go home and tell their families that they have to go find some place else to work. I know that comes with their profession and they make plenty of money. But, it is still not an easy thing to do.

Players are not too happy:

@JordanWesty1: Unreal. Bo believed in me and I 100% believed in him. Can't believe this....

@TheRealVRVJ: At a loss for words. Wouldn't be where I am in my career without Bo & Kaz. Best coaches I ever played for. I can't believe this.

@brasko7: That's the worse way to wake up in the morning. Smh that's some Bull real talk man. I guess stability doesn't mean anything

@NathanGerry: He's the reason we came here

@Tommy_Gun4: Biggest mistake you ever made.... Bo was the best coach I've ever had and I'll always appreciate the things you taught me.

@J_Mitch05: Smh terrible decision just awful smh 9 wins gets you fired? Thank you coach Bo for everything u did for me & this team over ur tenure

• Fire 1

Wow! I'm a little shocked despite thinking it was necessary. I didn't believe it would happen.

Still feel a little bad for Pelini and the other coaches and their families. They're decent men and I hope the future treats them well.

Now, the AD better have a coach already in the bag. Certainly he does. I'm excited to see who will be our next coach.

• Fire 1

Jay Foreman @foreman5655

For the people asking what just happened, I'd say this " this is big time sports and corporate America " get with it!!!!

And there it is.

Seeing the players' tweets is heartbreaking. They love Bo and it's clear it isn't just words. But there's personal loyalty and there's reality. And Eichorst went with reality.

Big time sports and corporate America, yes. That screenshot you posted shows the Huskers 4th all time in victories.

4th.....when compared to all the Power 5 conference schools, I think that is a pretty big deal too. Maybe that carries some heavy reality weight? :dunno I doubt we got all those wins in the mid to late 90s. We've been good at winning a long, long time.