Pelini fired

Amac3309

This is great news. I don't think Pelini's shortcomings as our HC will become fully apparent until we get the right coach in here who can remind a large part of the fan base what good coaching looks like. We're too far removed from Osborne for many of us to remember and without realizing our standards as a whole have slipped.

I understand many of you are skeptical we can get a good coach here, but the fear we might not do better is not a good reason to hold on to something that isn't working.

• Fire 1

Interesting set of comments

@FootballScoop: Bo went to administration & told them it couldnt go on like it has for the past year. Something had to change. Eichorst pulled trigger.

@FootballScoop: This wasnt about Bo being unwilling to make staff changes or anything, this was way bigger. http://t.co/sNnVtz3C1h

@FootballScoop: Think what you want to think about the results on the field; but you have to like how Bo Pelini stands up for what he feels is right.

@FootballScoop: He might not go about things in the smoothest fashion; but he believes in what he believes in and he stands up for what he thinks is right

@FootballScoop: Bo felt change needed to happen for Nebraska football to get to the top. He knew this was a possibility but didnt want this outcome.

@FootballScoop: I think jumping to a conclusion that Scott Frost is the answer is the wrong thing to do in this situation. Eichorst has been eyeing others..