Early Transfer Canidates: Predict

ScottyIce

Serious question......... When there is a coaching change, I thought players could leave without penalty...... it this right ?

Nope. They loose a year like any other time. Not sure if B1G has a 2 year rule for in-conference transfers like the B12 did. Only exception are the graduated players with eligibility left like Russel Wilson.

Thank you

yeah. Until the next guy comes in and immediately shows them increased competence and the possibilty of a higher level of success.

I remember the boss's son telling me he was so happy that Ross Pilkington left Nebraska when "the next guy" Callahan came to Nebraska. He was only sorry that more players didn't leave so Callahan could fill the cupboard himself and not put up with any of the "leftovers".

You aren't my ex-boss's son, are you? Ever live in Columbus?

Funny how all the Bo backers are in here predicting the worst as far as player defections. I guess we'll have to wait and see how it all shakes out. I'm sure we'll lose some recruits and maybe a few current players but they will be offset by players the new coach attracts. Let's not get all goofy here.

Spot on. Transfers and decommits happen at any school when the HC is changed out. Anyone pretending to be shocked there will be some attrition is living with their head up their rectum.

I don't see Bo getting a head job at a very high level program. Not at least for a couple of years. His sideline demeanor and "us" against everyone else does'nt fly at many places. I look for him to gladly take his buyout and move back into a defensive cordinator position, probably in the NFL. I wish him nothing but good luck, he was a bit of a stretch when we hired him. He got the program back some, and I mean some, respect. His sideline antics pretty much sum up his career here however.

Um... That's in the other room.

I suspect some of the people who think this is a Bo Pelini fan forum/message board will transfer.

I want to see how all of the "Fire Bo" haters play defense next year, now that they are no longer on offense.

I hope to see Scott Frost make an announcement before I go back to work tomorrow. Otherwise, you guys better stock up on Dramamine, it's might be rough sailing with the Seniors that were leaving already.

Guys that haven't used a redshirt, and are not JUCO transfers, next years eligibility

SR

Imani Cross

JR

Terrell Newby

Cethan Carter

Maliek Collilns

Kevin Maurice

Josh Bandaras

Nate Gerry

SO

Demornay Pierson-El

Chris Jones

Kieron Williams

Drew Brown

Josh Kalu

I vote none of them transfer due to the coaching change.

Players can't just up and transfer if they wanted to. Doesn't work that way. They will get their emotions out, go back to classes on Monday, and then a new coach will be hired and they will continue to play their college career.

Gregory is the only early departure that the NFL would be interested in and is heading to the NFL anyways.

yeah. Until the next guy comes in and immediately shows them increased competence and the possibilty of a higher level of success.

I remember the boss's son telling me he was so happy that Ross Pilkington left Nebraska when "the next guy" Callahan came to Nebraska. He was only sorry that more players didn't leave so Callahan could fill the cupboard himself and not put up with any of the "leftovers".

You aren't my ex-boss's son, are you? Ever live in Columbus?

the next guy im refferring to is the next coach. You realize were some sound fundamental football away from a conference championship and a playoff birth right? Do you watch our games?

Guys that haven't used a redshirt, and are not JUCO transfers, next years eligibility

SR

Imani Cross

JR

Terrell Newby

Cethan Carter

Maliek Collilns

Kevin Maurice

Josh Bandaras

Nate Gerry

SO

Demornay Pierson-El

Chris Jones

Kieron Williams

Drew Brown

Josh Kalu

I vote none of them transfer due to the coaching change.

Agreed. This is always the fear and it seems there are usually very few players that leave after a coaching change. Obviously the buzzards have circled our 'commits' and are about to have their pick of our 2015 class...which is always the case.

All QBs behind Fyfe. Wouldn't be surprised if a RB left too.

Doesn't make sense to me. I could see one of the QB's transferring eventually but not due to the coach change only. Know way Stanton, Darlington, and Bush all transfer because of the coach change. As for RB, I don't see any of them transferring due to the fact no one has planted themselves as "the guy" next year. Cross, Newby, Taylor, Wilbon and possible Bussey will all have a shot to step up.