Text Received (Topic: Jim Tressel in Lincoln tonight)

Who doesn't like tattoos?

cornwham.0_standard_500.0.gif

Beautiful hit. It was totally legal, too.

In related news, when was the last time we saw Jamal Turner and Kenny Bell on the field at the same time?

Last Friday. Saw JT quite a few times on the TV.

Playing or chilling on the sideline? Don't recall seeing JT in the game.

In related news, when was the last time we saw Jamal Turner and Kenny Bell on the field at the same time?

sideline. JT was declared out for season.

sideline. JT was declared out for season.

Yeah, I was being a smart ass. But on a good note I did see him at the Minnesota game walking with no boot, maybe even jogging.

Tressel is already 61 and you are saying 10-15 years. That wouldn't be Tressel signing-off on anything, that's just Tressel retiring in his 70's like almost any coach does. You honestly think Frost is going to bide his time til 2025 or later?

I used the word maximum entirely on purpose. No, i don't think Frost would wait that long. No, I don't think he would have to.

Just saying these things don't tend to work out as expected. Bowden had to be pushed-out at FSU, champ bolted to take the Florida job because Brown had no plans of retiring soon. It would be great if Tressel wanted Frost and in agreement on how long it would be before HCIW becomes HC to where Frost would be happy but it just seems too good to be true to me.

FSU looked bad, but it's working out pretty well for them.

It worked for FSU but not for Bowden. Tressel is Bowden in the scenario. Does he take the job under those circumstances? If he wants to coach a few more seasons then hand over the keys I could see it. If he wants to coach as long as he damn well pleases then things could get hairy with Frost there chomping at the bit.

He told me that he hooked up Tressel's cable at his new house last night.

Really? A tressel/frost combo has me all excited. Initially, I set my expectations at getting coach thats just won a couple of conference titles and finished within the top 10 like Richt, but hell now Tressel is a viable option...that's a huge hire and great for the program. The only thing now is that if he isn't hired, I'll have a broken heart

I moved to Ohio this year and haven't really had all that much to talk about with the OSU fans that I am surrounded by. If we hire Tressel, I am going to be beyond giddy at what NU will be able to do and also will finally be able to have interesting meaningful conversations around here!

Until now, NU was so irrelevant, that any mention of me being from Nebraska was met with a "meh," whereas in the past, no matter where I went, people would always want to talk football with me. I am ready for relevance again. Tressel can hopefully bring us back there, and at the very least will make it more interesting for me here in Ohio.