Thanks Bo

I wish Bo's teams had been more competitive on the field. I understand that he did the best he knew how.

I do appreciate the fact that he ran a clean program and the kids all went to class like they were supposed to. Bo certainly did these things right and more and for that I am grateful.

Bo navigated us out of the dark days. Bo captained us through the conference transition. Bo gave us such memories as The Kick and Pick, Suh vs Mccoy, Helu's 307 yards, MSU 2011, The season of the comeback, Jack Hoffmans TD run, The Westercatch, Cat Tunnel Walk, and Miami in Lincoln.

He is a truly compassionate man who cares about individuals, doesnt get caught up in nonsense and wants the best for his players. I will miss Bo the man being our coach. As a person we had a slam dunk in his hiring. Its a damn shame we couldnt take that next step. Good luck Bo.

Good thread, guys. I, too, appreciate what Bo did in 2008 and 2009, cleaning up the oil slick left by Callahan. I was at the Gator Bowl at the end of the 2008 season against Clemson, and left there thinking what someone mentioned about the 2009 Holiday Bowl, that things were going in the right direction. I even felt this way in 2010 despite the bowl loss to Washington. Two trips to the Big XII championship game lost by a total of 4 points said to me that the Huskers are close, and I loved the job Bo was doing.

I'm not sure why the he couldn't translate that success, if you want to call it that, to the B1G. It just seemed that the losses were so bad and ugly, and the wins were close, come-from-behind smoke and mirrors type of things. Think back to the OSU win in 2011, the Penn State wins in 2011 and 2012, Sparty in 2012, Wisconsin (regular season) in 2012, NW in 2012 and 2013. It just seemed like the Huskers were closer to a 6-6 team than an 11-1 team, and I couldn't figure out why.

I agree, Bo had probably run his course in Lincoln, and it is time for a change, but he should be thanked for the job he did in making us forget about Callahan and those four years.

one thing bo did not do well is be calm under pressure, but many coaches are like that...you cannot really blame bo, he tried...you got to blame the university, not hiring a proven winning coach. it may be harder to get a winnning coach to come here, not sure

Agreed, THANKS BO! He got a bad deal getting screwed by the Big12 refs, the stupid omaha world herald has had it out for him ever since he was actually honest in calling out loser dirk chatelain (haven't read one of his articles since, or shatel, their negative reporting reminds me of a dirty political campaign), switching conferences playing all new teams with the incorrect linebacker personel. Wish you would have modified the scheme a little better to stop wisconsin, and didn't stoke your own fire as much on the sidelines... Good memories, comebacks, hail mary, team jack, alternate uniforms, backing the players and keeping them straight.

I think we had a really bright outlook for next year, but we'll never know how you would have done. Good Luck Bo Pelini, I'll be rooting for you wherever you go. Just like I root for Ohio and Liberty now.

Nothing but the best for Bo. I wanted him as our HC in 2003 and was elated when we hired him in 2008. There were good times and some bad times for sure, and it sucks it couldn't work out. But he ran a clean program, the players loved him, and he helped pull Nebraska out of the Callahan mess. I'm nothing but grateful for what Bo helped do here at Nebraska during his time. Good luck Bo!

Bo did turn things around after BC. My best Bo memory ---

I was eating dinner with my wife in a restaurant at 84th and Van Dorn in Lincoln a couple of months ago. Bo and his family were also there. A little girl in a Steelers jersey asked Bo for an autograph. He was very gracious to the girl. I overheard him say he was a Steelers fan growing up. Nice moment. The owner of the restaurant came up and talked to Bo for a few minutes, and then the Pelini's left. I asked for the check from our waitress. She said Bo had paid for everybody's dinner! I guess the owner comped Bo's meal, so he paid the favor forward.

• Fire 2

Bo was going good things in the Big 12. I think the transition to the B1G was harder than anyone would have imagined, particularly because we thought our defense was much more portable. I do not know the man personally, but I will listen to what those closest to him (as it pertains to football) have to say, his players and assistants. With that perspective, Bo is an outstanding man. I would also add that our program is in a better position to get a splash hire because of how Bo has built this program. Those are the things I appreciate Bo for, and it makes it hard to not see him meet our expectations.