SBNation - Nebraska can only hire the right coach after a blunt self-assessment

r06ue1

I think if Frost was given the HC position he would do a great job recruiting up and down the West Coast. The guy is young yes, but he would be very appealing to younger kids with his history of playing at the both college and NFL levels. Also the fact that he has the experience of running the offense that Oregon runs. Oh and he has experience playing on Defense as well. Yes it's wishful thinking that we land SF, but crazier things have happened!

He also has experience coaching defense. Wasn't he the LB coach at North Texas or somewhere like that?

Frost had served one year as defensive coordinator at the University of Northern Iowa (2008) and two seasons as the Panthers’ linebackers coach (2007-08).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzcFbtJEvwo?t=1m22s

i dunno. nice to see a guy wrap up but ya gotta finish the tackle imo.

My guess is once he proves it somewhere else there's not a snowballs chance of us ever getting him. Frost isn't stupid. He's not taking a HC job until he's offered by a big time program.

I agree. How would it look for him to come and win 8-9 games for 3-4 years and get canned. I don't think there is a real clear cut guy out there.

My guess is once he proves it somewhere else there's not a snowballs chance of us ever getting him. Frost isn't stupid. He's not taking a HC job until he's offered by a big time program.

I agree. How would it look for him to come and win 8-9 games for 3-4 years and get canned. I don't think there is a real clear cut guy out there.

Eh, give it 7 years to let it all play out.

I was more or less getting at he wouldn't take a job at like Kansas. I think he'd snatch up a job at a place like Nebraska, Florida, or Michigan. It's completely possible he could go to any of those three teams winning 8-9 games a year and canned after 3-4 years. If he goes to Florida and does great things, there's not a snowballs chance he leaves that for Nebraska.