Mike Riley's Staff

I would like to see some people submit a list of "proven and impressive" assistant coaches that Riley could have hired that would be willing to come to Nebraska.

Was this a "serious" inquiry or sarcastic? Just asking….

According to a majority of HB, Nebraska is still a 'Top Notch' job. This has been up for discussion for years. Only the people 'inside" the State or strong ties or love for the program are convinced that Nebraska is an upper echelon destination. The rest of the country , including almost every national media outlet, says Nebraska has dropped and was a distant 3rd when they compared Florida, Michigan, and Nebraska as coaching destinations.

So, if you are being serious ( you think that there is a long list ), then you must agree that MR is passing some great guys up……. if you are being sarcastic, then you obviously are admitting that this ISN'T your old Nebraska anymore.

Not trying to start a riff, just honestly trying to get your stance… or opinion.

When has Nebraska ever attracted top notch assistants? Even in the glory days they were just Devaney/Osborne guys, were they not?

During the "glory days", really doesn't count. Assistants stayed FOREVER….. continuity was the norm for success. Many of those assistants during the Glory Days that you refer to, had many chances to leave and didn't. To me, that means that Nebraska was a desirable place to be an assistant, rather than to move on and up.

With this thinking, Nebraska WAS a great attraction for great assistant coaches.

I would like to see some people submit a list of "proven and impressive" assistant coaches that Riley could have hired that would be willing to come to Nebraska.

Ed Orgeron. End of list.
Guy wants to be a head coach. We hire him as a DL coach and he'll stick around until about this time next year. Won't even get a full recruiting cycle with him. What good would that be?

Ed Orgeron. End of list.

I know people like to throw this name out and I admit he would be exciting and would get after it recruiting wise. But with all that said, why hasn't he landed any other job yet?

I don't think you can qualify his value based on him not being hired yet. Not every job currently available it the right fit. I bring Orgeron up since he expressed unsolicited interest in the Huskers and has a reputation to be a good DL coach and recruiter.

Ed Orgeron. End of list.

I know people like to throw this name out and I admit he would be exciting and would get after it recruiting wise. But with all that said, why hasn't he landed any other job yet?

I don't think you can qualify his value based on him not being hired yet. Not every job currently available it the right fit. I bring Orgeron up since he expressed unsolicited interest in the Huskers and has a reputation to be a good DL coach and recruiter.

I think when a guy like him is expressing unsolicited interest anywhere that should tell you something.

• Fire 2

Ed Orgeron. End of list.

I think when a guy like him is expressing unsolicited interest anywhere that should tell you something.

He is interested in a job? :dunno

The guy has been outspoken about jobs he wanted in the past.

Ed Orgeron. End of list.

It should tell you that when you are openly angling for a job in coaching, not too many teams want you.

Who the hell is this FriendsForever cat? And what is with the obsession with literally the worst photoshop pictures I've ever seen?

What, what are you talking about. those pictures are real I was there. You ever see bo pelini help any of the players cut his food up into small bits or go get some frozen custard together? This shows that Riley is a good man and a breath of fresh air for both the program and the players.

Ed Orgeron. End of list.

It should tell you that when you are openly angling for a job in coaching, not too many teams want you.

Well, I'll revert to my original statement. I don't think you can qualify his value based on him not being hired yet. He probably has options but is looking for the right fit for him. If Nebraska is somewhere he thinks he could succeed at, I say take him.