Mike Riley's Staff

I'm still waiting for the heavy hitters on this staff ..

I mean, it's nice that Riley is getting guys he can trust. But I'm gonna be honest, Riley is being a bit underwhelming when he is just making this his personal Oregon State of the midwest.

Riley has resources and venues he has never had access to before. He needs to utilize them to aim bigger, and aim higher. Not be content with the same old because it's comfortable. That leads to complacency, and it's part of what killed 'he who shall not be named'.

Hank Hughes name even being mentioned is another prime example. The guy has been around for 30 years, and his best job is Cincy or UConn. Ross Els had a similar resume. Now he's a potential co-DC? C'mon!

Go get a heavy hitter. Go get a Tosh Lupoi. Go get an Ed Orgeron. If you have to give them a co-DC title to get them here, do it.

I'll tell you one thing - if you aren't willing to go compete, and do it as the highest level with talent and coaching, you are gonna get left behind in this conference now. Michigan showed they are going to do what it takes. Harbaugh will be ruthless in coaching and recruiting. We already know what Urban will do. James Franklin is a tireless worker, especially as a recruiter.

"Give them a chance to see what they can do .." I don't go buy a 20 year old pickup and hope that thing can get me where I need to go. I go top of the line and buy something where I know exactly what I'm getting. I don't need to worry, I don't need to wait to see what's gonna happen - I will know exactly what I'm gonna get.

• Fire 3

I'm sure many Huskerboard posters know much much more than Coach Riley does about which assistants will coach his system than Coach Riley does himself.

We should trust Huskerboard before we trust Coach Riley...WE KNOW RILEY'S SYSTEM BETTER THAN HE DOES AFTERALL. :sarcasm

The man hasn't even coached a down here at Nebraska and people are already selling stock. Go take your meds people.

Have you not figured out how it works around here? He signed the contract so he's meat for the beast. :throwdabones1:

I'm still waiting for the heavy hitters on this staff ..

I mean, it's nice that Riley is getting guys he can trust. But I'm gonna be honest, Riley is being a bit underwhelming when he is just making this his personal Oregon State of the midwest.

Riley has resources and venues he has never had access to before. He needs to utilize them to aim bigger, and aim higher. Not be content with the same old because it's comfortable. That leads to complacency, and it's part of what killed 'he who shall not be named'.

Hank Hughes name even being mentioned is another prime example. The guy has been around for 30 years, and his best job is Cincy or UConn. Ross Els had a similar resume. Now he's a potential co-DC? C'mon!

Go get a heavy hitter. Go get a Tosh Lupoi. Go get an Ed Orgeron. If you have to give them a co-DC title to get them here, do it.

I'll tell you one thing - if you aren't willing to go compete, and do it as the highest level with talent and coaching, you are gonna get left behind in this conference now. Michigan showed they are going to do what it takes. Harbaugh will be ruthless in coaching and recruiting. We already know what Urban will do. James Franklin is a tireless worker, especially as a recruiter.

"Give them a chance to see what they can do .." I don't go buy a 20 year old pickup and hope that thing can get me where I need to go. I go top of the line and buy something where I know exactly what I'm getting. I don't need to worry, I don't need to wait to see what's gonna happen - I will know exactly what I'm gonna get.

Couldn't agree more.

• Fire 1

At this point, I have no gripes about him hiring who he wants, but he has to understand he needs to come here and win. And with a fanbase that is already feeling slighted by the national media because no one is talking about the Riley hire, he needs to buy himself credibility with a legit staff. As other posts have stated these are uninspiring hires, and all have the same theme of Riley's hire that these guys could, NOT CAN, do better at a richer program. But make no mistake potential alone does not build programs.The only definite is if he slips past 4 loses next year, and does not recruit well things will get ugly.