Mike Riley's Staff

By that description, he could be our next Cosgrove, or our next McBride. Most likely though, he'll just be Mark Banker.

Hughes seems to have fielded some stout defenses. I think the most important thing is they share a similar vision. Does anyone have any insight into how similar their defenses have been, schematically? Does Hughes use a 4-3 1-gap defense?

Also, if you don't +1 this post for "Hughes use", you're a bad person.

By that description, he could be our next Cosgrove, or our next McBride. Most likely though, he'll just be Mark Banker.

Hughes seems to have fielded some stout defenses. I think the most important thing is they share a similar vision. Does anyone have any insight into how similar their defenses have been, schematically? Does Hughes use a 4-3 1-gap defense?

I think he uses a 4-2-5. He likes to attack & blitz. I am curious how this marriage with Barker is going to work.

I think he uses a 4-2-5. He likes to attack & blitz. I am curious how this marriage with Barker is going to work.

Sorry, Banker!

Banker on the verge of being run out of Corvalis

How do you people come up with this sh*t?

By listening to OSU's beat writer from The Oregonian. Many OSU fans wanted Banker gone and it looked like it was about to happen.

Great, and they wanted him gone because he sucked at his job?

Banker has sucked at his job for a few years. When Riley was first hired, my first thought was, "please don't bring Banker." We'll see how he does with better talent.

By listening to OSU's beat writer from The Oregonian. Many OSU fans wanted Banker gone and it looked like it was about to happen.
That's clearly how it work. They do a fan poll to decide what to do with coaches.

That's what happened to Cosgrove, Beck and Paps. Oh, it's not?

Clearly you're commenting about a situation you know nothing about except a few lines you've read on a message board. Never a good idea.

That's clearly how it work. They do a fan poll to decide what to do with coaches.

That's what happened to Cosgrove, Beck and Paps. Oh, it's not?

Clearly you're commenting about a situation you know nothing about except a few lines you've read on a message board. Never a good idea.

Thanks for giving us the insider glimpse.

Sorry if this youtube was posted before.

Ouch

Drivel from an asshat who stated Ohio St had no chance vs Bama. His only knowledge of Lincoln was part of a day he spent there with a friend. He's a west coast guy who thinks the midwest is a desert and put a finger in the air to see whom he should piss off today. He can take that finger and......

I thought MR said he was going to run a 3-4 ? Did I hear that wrong ? If he is running a 3-4, then if the information about Hughes coaching a 4-3 or 4-2-5 look….. I would say that they don't share the same vision….

I have done ZERO research, so basing this on what others have said in this forum. If they are 2 different styles, doesn't make a ton of sense, unless they are just good coaches who get their kids to play.

Plus, yes, OSU fans wanted Banker gone, and as some have said…..from the word 'go' , he was the one staff member that many on the board didn't want…. He will be on a short rope as far as the fan base is concerned. Lucky for him, we don't make the decisions.

Tweet from Sean Callahan......

@Sean_Callahan Will the Huskers new WR coach be DelVaughn Alexander?

DelVaughn Alexander bio:

http://www.thesundevils.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=30300&ATCLID=207911594

Obligatory "Riley hiring another OSU guy" post

His bio is pretty good. He has been around and sounds successful at almost every place he has been. Might be a good hire.