Mike Riley's Staff

If Riley has everyone else hired but is still needing to interview WR coach candidates, I wonder if someone turned him down.

You would think he would have a list of people he wanted, and just offer the next person if someone turned him down?

Everything really does make a lean to being someone on an NFL staff. Where they can't say anything as long as the team is playing, and officially can't interview until the team is done as well.

Interesting quote from the OWH:

http://m.omaha.com/huskers/blogs/riley-wrs-job-still-open-ron-brown-not-joining-staff/article_1702030a-9793-11e4-9f8d-1fb2c5f2b0ba.html?mode=jqm

"In general, new defensive coordinator Mark Banker said, Riley asks coordinators for four or five names and asks the coordinators to do the background work on them. Banker did this, for example, when looking for his new defensive line coach, which turned out to be Hank Hughes."

Hughes and Banker have history from when they were in college together.

• Fire 1

"Warren said that he's been very impressed with the new recruiting support staff in their short time working together thus far. He said Director of Player Personnel Ryan Gunderson and his crew are on the ball and very organized. He said they have a vision and a plan and are pushy which helps to keep the coaches on top of things." article from Robin Washut. https://nebraska.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1723549

• Fire 1

Is anyone else aroused by this newfounded transparency?

This is getting fun.

These guys are so much more media savvy. We have an inherent recruiting disadvantage with the low population here, and it is simply idiotic to not use a giant media contingent to work in your favor. Which contrary to Pelini's mad ramblings, really wants to feed the beast that is Husker passion (that beast buys and clicks on EVERYTHING) and combine that with how social media and the internet work, and he's generating a massive amount of free publicity. The appearance on the ESPN coaches thing for the Championship game is amazing exposure.

I love what we get on offense...defense not so thrilled about.

But I give 100% support to the staff GBR!

I understand the Banker skepticism. I'm a little skeptical myself. I liked what Riley said about having 3 guys who have been coordinators on that side of the ball. Doesn't automatically equal success, but if they all fit well in their roles, we should be in really good shape.
  • Fire 2

"Warren said that he's been very impressed with the new recruiting support staff in their short time working together thus far. He said Director of Player Personnel Ryan Gunderson and his crew are on the ball and very organized. He said they have a vision and a plan and are pushy which helps to keep the coaches on top of things." article from Robin Washut. https://nebraska.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1723549

I can't wait to see what this new recruiting support staff can do with a full year to get the 2016 class, and two years to get the 2017 class.

Even if Banker at DC is disappointing to some there are three coaches on the defensive side of the ball that have been DC's that is a lot of knowledge and you would think that would be a great advantage

Hopefully Banker allows the other guys to throw in some input on things and toss around ideas. Don't know if Bo done that or not.