Shawn Eichorst is my hero

NUance

It was a bold move, no doubt. He moved swiftly and stealthy.

But there is no way of knowing whether this was choice #1 or #21.

According to Riley's comments he was approached on Monday. Seems like you start at the top of your list (if there was one) rather than somewhere down the list.

T_O_B

See I am the opposite. This hire removes hope for me. Nebraska football had an identity. And that identity has been forgotten along with our championship winning ways. Our calling card was physical hard nosed defense (arent you old enough to remember the real blackshirts?) and an explosive running/play action pass attack. Now we have hired another pro style passing coach, with no plans to bring back real Nebraska football. Sucks for me. I watch the Seattle Seahawks, and Wisconsin to remind myself of what Nebraska football used to look like. I miss it. I miss the days of rolling teams all year long with at least 350 yds rushing per game. They used to fear Nebraska. There was an article in sports illustrated in the mid nineties talking about how physical the huskers were and about how hard our line hit the Colorado middle linebackers. They said they had NEVER been hit that hard. I feel like the new coaches dont plan on resurrecting true Nebraska football. Smart is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but wise is knowing that a tomato does not belong in a fruit salad.

Since you haven't really looked at OSU's stats for 2014 I'll help you out:

Riles threw the ball 55% of the time. His QB's completed 61.4% of their passes, averaged 7 yds. per attempt and 11.4 yds. per completion. His RB's averaged 3.8 yds. per carry. Looks to me like throwing the ball was just shy of twice as productive as running the ball was. They would have had to run the ball 92 times to get 350 yds. Riles will find a better stable of running backs at Nebraska than he had at OSU, so why don't we wait till the team takes the field before start to bitch about something that hasn't happened yet.

T_O_B

• Fire 3

Real Nebraska football:

#2 Nebraska Cornhuskers at #7 Colorado Buffaloes :

As much as I hate not being that guy, it's not necessarily 1995 anymore. We have to have a system that works against modern defenses. Maybe we arrive at that one. Maybe a different one.

Frankly, even if it means we becoming the pass-passingest team since Danny F-ing Kaye tap danced with Bing Crosby, if it means we are successful, I'm for it.

See I am the opposite. This hire removes hope for me. Nebraska football had an identity. And that identity has been forgotten along with our championship winning ways. Our calling card was physical hard nosed defense (arent you old enough to remember the real blackshirts?) and an explosive running/play action pass attack. Now we have hired another pro style passing coach, with no plans to bring back real Nebraska football. Sucks for me. I watch the Seattle Seahawks, and Wisconsin to remind myself of what Nebraska football used to look like. I miss it. I miss the days of rolling teams all year long with at least 350 yds rushing per game. They used to fear Nebraska. There was an article in sports illustrated in the mid nineties talking about how physical the huskers were and about how hard our line hit the Colorado middle linebackers. They said they had NEVER been hit that hard. I feel like the new coaches dont plan on resurrecting true Nebraska football. Smart is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but wise is knowing that a tomato does not belong in a fruit salad.

You don't need a different coach, you need a time machine.

• Fire 1

Lol I need a time machine in more ways than just one! But seriously are you saying that tough defense and an explosive run/ play action pass attack is out dated? Are you going to watch Wisconsin tomorrow play for a b1g title? Are you going to watch GT play for an ACC title? Do you think Seattle is winning because of Wilsons arm right now? Come on, get with it! Why dont you care about tradition and proven success?

Since you haven't really looked at OSU's stats for 2014 I'll help you out:

Riles threw the ball 55% of the time. His QB's completed 61.4% of their passes, averaged 7 yds. per attempt and 11.4 yds. per completion. His RB's averaged 3.8 yds. per carry. Looks to me like throwing the ball was just shy of twice as productive as running the ball was. They would have had to run the ball 92 times to get 350 yds. Riles will find a better stable of running backs at Nebraska than he had at OSU, so why don't we wait till the team takes the field before start to bitch about something that hasn't happened yet.

T_O_B

Have you youtubed OSU and watched their offense? I have. Thats not a Nebraska Cornhusker offense. You dont need a crystal ball to look at this and predict that this product is not going to be starting a new dynasty. We will continue to be out recruited for the quality receivers and passing QB. Nebraska needs to get back to the formula that produced national championships. Not bring in random pro style 61 year old journeymen and say wow this guy really knows how to succeed at Nebraska. What a joke

Everyone keeps saying its not 1995 anymore. So are you saying that its easier for Nebraska in this day and age to bring in the same type of QB and receivers that everyone else is going after? I dont think so! Cowherd, Greise, SVP etc all say Nebraska needs to know its place now. I agree. We cant compete for the recruits that are going to stay in the south. All the more reason to stick to Nebraska run/option/play action pass, and really use the walk on program. Anyway...goodnight discuss amongst y'selves