Offense favored by Riley?

It will most likely be a pro-style balanced offense. He had a lot of success with Steven Jackson doing the smashmouth thing and I'm hoping we see the same thing with the Huskers.

I like the sound of that. There is a guy in Alabama who seems to have figured out that it not only breeds victories in college, it also attracts future recruits with visions of playing on Sunday.

It will most likely be a pro-style balanced offense. He had a lot of success with Steven Jackson doing the smashmouth thing and I'm hoping we see the same thing with the Huskers.

I like the sound of that. There is a guy in Alabama who seems to have figured out that it not only breeds victories in college, it also attracts future recruits with visions of playing on Sunday.

I lived in Seattle and followed the Washington Huskies pretty closely (but loved when the Huskers went up there a few years ago and killed them), so I saw OSU quite a bit. They were very good when his teams were healthy. There was a huge faction of the UW fan base on multiple occasions that wanted to bring Riley north when they hired the likes of Willingham and Sarkisian. I would argue that Riley is light years ahead of both of those guys and will do more with the level of talent that NU can get than Pelini or Solich ever did.

• Fire 1

I think he likes to adapt and play to his players strengths. When he has good skill like the Rogers brothers he likes to run the ball and get players in space and play. If he has a good power back at RB he likes to run the ball. He throws the ball a lot lately because that is an easy way to move the ball and that is what he has to work with. Sometimes It is easy to find a guy that can sling the ball around.

I am more concerned about his defense. I hope he has a tough stop the run style to implement. That is simple to run. To me the one fault in BPs defense is that he wanted to do to many things. if it was hitting and everyone was in the right place it was great, but when it wasn't it didn't work because he didn't allow enough room for error. There was too many things he wanted his players to worry about. Trust that you have good athletes on defense, give them about 3 things to worry about and let them play.

• Fire 2