Expectations over the next 5 years

It has been proven over and over again that if you do not finish in the top 15 in recruiting, you will not win a championship. Its all about talent. Riley is in the process of upgrading the talent on the field as we speak.

Based on what?

Talent at NU has been fairly consistent across the last 4 coaches and most of TO's career. It's not going to get much better without cheating.

Our coach needs to be able to win with what he had on the roster right now, or he's the wrong coach.

There is no where near the talent here now to compete with top ten teams. It was much better under Osborne my a mile (Jason Peter and Grant Wistrom would laugh in your face) and Callahan was on his way to big improvements before he was let go. Solich and Bo only recruited MAC talent with a few exceptions.

Callahan inherited more and higher drafted NFL picks than Bo did.

As I said, most of TO's years. Not all of them. Nebraska benefited from a rush of native talent in the 90s, though, admittedly, it wouldn't have been as well utilized in another system. That's why TO was the best.

I think a really good quarterback could make Langsdorf look really good. I think the defense has changed it's style in the last few games and taking chances instead of laying back waiting to get beat has paid off big time....so has looking for and intercepting the ball. Better linebacker/safety play will continue to shore up the D in both rush and pass protection.

I think we could get good enough to win the games we should win in this weak division....even if Langs calls passes on 4th and 1.

Did you see other teams in our division that looked special? Didn't think so. Even mighty Iowa only won by 8 with the help of our turnover machine and the dumbest play calling.

Of course, I thought that this year.

I think a really good WCO QB (we have a potentially outstanding spread Qb(s) now) would help Langs and co win about 9 games. Is that really good? I think yes, but the NU fans have spoken and it is not.

That's my whole issue. Even if Riley gets "his guys" we are looking at 9/10 wins. If that's the case, what was the point of the change?

Oh, right, now we have a guy who is perceived as Mr. Nice versus "ugly face" Pelini.

Hip hip.... I'll let you finish the rest.

I think a really good quarterback could make Langsdorf look really good. I think the defense has changed it's style in the last few games and taking chances instead of laying back waiting to get beat has paid off big time....so has looking for and intercepting the ball. Better linebacker/safety play will continue to shore up the D in both rush and pass protection.

I think we could get good enough to win the games we should win in this weak division....even if Langs calls passes on 4th and 1.

Did you see other teams in our division that looked special? Didn't think so. Even mighty Iowa only won by 8 with the help of our turnover machine and the dumbest play calling.

Of course, I thought that this year.

I think a really good WCO QB (we have a potentially outstanding spread Qb(s) now) would help Langs and co win about 9 games. Is that really good? I think yes, but the NU fans have spoken and it is not.

That's my whole issue. Even if Riley gets "his guys" we are looking at 9/10 wins. If that's the case, what was the point of the change?

Oh, right, now we have a guy who is perceived as Mr. Nice versus "ugly face" Pelini.

Hip hip.... I'll let you finish the rest.

It has been proven over and over again that if you do not finish in the top 15 in recruiting, you will not win a championship. Its all about talent. Riley is in the process of upgrading the talent on the field as we speak.

Based on what?

Talent at NU has been fairly consistent across the last 4 coaches and most of TO's career. It's not going to get much better without cheating.

Our coach needs to be able to win with what he had on the roster right now, or he's the wrong coach.

There is no where near the talent here now to compete with top ten teams. It was much better under Osborne my a mile (Jason Peter and Grant Wistrom would laugh in your face) and Callahan was on his way to big improvements before he was let go. Solich and Bo only recruited MAC talent with a few exceptions.

Sorry, the answer to that is a huge NO!

Based on what?

Sorry, the answer to that is a huge NO!

Yeah, it's a fact. Feel free To look it up. Want to place a wager on it?

There is no where near the talent here now to compete with top ten teams.

Oh, ok.

WiiLNBl.jpg

http://247sports.com/Season/2015-Football/CollegeTeamTalentComposite

On a consistant basis the answer is still no. Bo got blown out by all of those teams.

Not all, but it was a problem. Riley had it too at OSU, along with losses to really bad teams. I truly hope he turns it around, but it's pure speculation and wishing at this point as there's simply no evidence for it.

Oh, ok.

WiiLNBl.jpg

On a consistant basis the answer is still no. Bo got blown out by all of those teams.

Not all, but it was a problem. Riley had it too at OSU, along with losses to really bad teams. I truly hope he turns it around, but it's pure speculation and wishing at this point as there's simply no evidence for it.

I think there is evidence. The worst we lost was 10 points or less, with a mostly disinterested team until the end of the season. Recruiting is going very well and the team will have a year in his system to better understand it and execute it better.

Oh, ok.

WiiLNBl.jpg

I think there is evidence. The worst we lost was 10 points or less, with a mostly disinterested team until the end of the season. Recruiting is going very well and the team will have a year in his system to better understand it and execute it better.

I've yet to hear a verified report of the players being disinterested or not caring. Only a few message board rumors, which aren't exactly reliable.

We had one good win, the worst loss in nearly 60 years, and a plain bad season. Our recruiting is on par with the past half decade or so. Like I said, we have hope, but that's all it is right now.

The players themselves said that they finally decided to buy in, you didn't have to go to a message board for that. It is clear from the recruiting boards and services that the talent level that we are in on is better than the past several years. Bo never had to turn talent away, he was giving out scollies to walkons like candy because he could not fill them. That is a clear indication that this team will be better next year and beyond under Riley and staff.

BTW, a supernatural play by Ameer against McNeese St. kept us from the worst loss in the 100 +years history of the program, and 8 of the top 10 worst losses in the history of the program by points came under the previous staff, I haven't seen that we will have any more of that anytime soon. That's pure progress.

Oh, ok.

WiiLNBl.jpg

I've yet to hear a verified report of the players being disinterested or not caring. Only a few message board rumors, which aren't exactly reliable.

We had one good win, the worst loss in nearly 60 years, and a plain bad season. Our recruiting is on par with the past half decade or so. Like I said, we have hope, but that's all it is right now.

I agree with hope being the key word but doesn't that apply to both an experienced coach and an inexperienced one? Both will always have some kind of upside which can translate to a blind hope that things will improve because they have to. I'd much rather prefer Riley had a commendable proven record of winning everywhere he's been but that is not the case. He's been tinkering on average or below average. With that said, I have very little left in the hope tank.

Based on what?

Oh, I don't know, the last fifteen or so years of national championships? Teams that win it all recruit elite talent.

Based on what you're asking, every coach is the wrong coach, because no coach is winning it all with our recruiting classes.

The players themselves said that they finally decided to buy in, you didn't have to go to a message board for that. It is clear from the recruiting boards and services that the talent level that we are in on is better than the past several years. Bo never had to turn talent away, he was giving out scollies to walkons like candy because he could not fill them. That is a clear indication that this team will be better next year and beyond under Riley and staff.

BTW, a supernatural play by Ameer against McNeese St. kept us from the worst loss in the 100 +years history of the program, and 8 of the top 10 worst losses in the history of the program by points came under the previous staff, I haven't seen that we will have any more of that anytime soon. That's pure progress.

Personally, the number of Pelini blowouts sting for me a lot more than a loss to Purdue by ten.

• Fire 3

Based on what?

Oh, I don't know, the last fifteen or so years of national championships? Teams that win it all recruit elite talent.

Based on what you're asking, every coach is the wrong coach, because no coach is winning it all with our recruiting classes.

Personally, the number of Pelini blowouts sting for me a lot more than a loss to Purdue by ten.

:wtf

Gerry's comment (where you're basing your opinion) contradicts every single thing the players and coaches have said for the last year.

And Ameer's play was great, but it was a tie game. Also, we won, which is slightly different than getting blown out by Purdue.

I think you don't know the difference between an opinion and a fact.