Johnny Stanton

The long-prophecied QB brawl between Stanton and Armstrong should finally materialize this Spring. Look forward to it, it'll make both players better.

And Darlington, Bush...you have guys coming off redshirt years with a clean slate in a new system. There's a lot of excitement here, I think.

Don't rule out Darlington or Bush. It's a new system, so I would assume the spot is wide open.

Stanton is a California kid and I always pull for the local kids who make it onto the Huskers' roster...but I am really looking forward to seeing what Bush can do. He is bigger, faster, and in my opinion has a better arm than Stanton or Armstrong. I know he threw 10 pics his senior year, but he threw more TDs and passed for over 2000 yards and rushed for over 1000. I know high school success doesn't always equate to college success....but man I can't help but be excited about Bush (yeah, I know how that sounds).

• Fire 1

California Husker, you are not the only one high on A.J. Bush. He's from my home state. My UGA has his teammate Lorenzo Carter at DE. Bush is an outstanding athlete and quarterback - and I am so glad he picked Nebraska. He'll be there to scrap and add tremendous depth to the QB position. He's a steal. Our OC Mike Bobo should have made a push to get Bush. My UGA needs him right now. But I am so happy to see he's helping my Nebraska.

I am still a huge Tommy Armstrong supporter, and I'm looking forward to seeing what Coach Riley can do to assist Armstrong's game (he was amazing in the Iowa game [4 TD's]). Coach Kevin Steele is soon to join the coaching staff, and he's the one that recruited Tommie Frazier. I still keep holding out and holding my breath - hoping that Scott Frost will join our coaching staff. We need some hope for the future. Frost would provide just that. You need some youth in this coaching staff seriously. Look at how Alabama runs its coaching staff and situation. It's a no brainer.

Zoogies - Why does it matter that Fyfe 'didn't score the TD either'? It was the 4th Quarter & Tommy had failed to get us a TD. In comes Fyfe & Nebraska scores a TD. Fyfe immediately pulled.

Haha oh this again....Fyfe handled the ball off time after time. We went went a play action and he had a wide open TD and sailed it. Then we handed it off more and they RB's/Oline scored.

As bad as Tommy looked at times slinging it around, Fyfe actually managed to look worse.

Ok I know next to nothing about Xs and Os of football, but throwing looks like that looks like it could be absolutely devastating if we are running the ball 60% of the time. Having productive running backs and getting yards is working? Guess we'll do that again...jk heres a 50 yard td pass to a TE.

The long-prophecied QB brawl between Stanton and Armstrong should finally materialize this Spring. Look forward to it, it'll make both players better.

And Darlington, Bush...you have guys coming off redshirt years with a clean slate in a new system. There's a lot of excitement here, I think.

Don't rule out Darlington or Bush. It's a new system, so I would assume the spot is wide open.

Stanton is a California kid and I always pull for the local kids who make it onto the Huskers' roster...but I am really looking forward to seeing what Bush can do. He is bigger, faster, and in my opinion has a better arm than Stanton or Armstrong. I know he threw 10 pics his senior year, but he threw more TDs and passed for over 2000 yards and rushed for over 1000. I know high school success doesn't always equate to college success....but man I can't help but be excited about Bush (yeah, I know how that sounds).

is he running for president too :dunno I agree, I think the real battle will be Bush/Stanton. All Riley has to do is look at film and see the TA has some major issues. However, all will start wt a clean slate in MHO.

TA needs a coach. I'm curious to see how he responds. He has skills.

I watched Ryker Fyfe play a few high school games. That kid can play too. I wouldn't be shocked to see him in the mix.

The real thing Stanton now has is a chance. I wouldn't put anything more into it than that.

Coaching can help, but TA better learn to throw with more accuracy.

And how to read defenses.

And maybe how to throw a dang check down pass to a wide open RB on almost EVERY DROP BACK PASS PLAY!! I can only imagine the yards Ameer would have had this year if he had gotten more check down passes from TA.

• 3 weeks later...

Bo started a RS freshman at QB over a Senior because he felt like he gave him the best chance to win. I fully believe that if Stanton was better than Armstrong this year, he would have started.

don't know for sure, Bo was about read option, not sure how run oriented Stanton truly is, it a pro-set type offense he may be better suited that Tommy. guess we will see what happens in spring training. should be very interesting.

TA needs a coach. I'm curious to see how he responds. He has skills.

I watched Ryker Fyfe play a few high school games. That kid can play too. I wouldn't be shocked to see him in the mix.

The real thing Stanton now has is a chance. I wouldn't put anything more into it than that.

Coaching can help, but TA better learn to throw with more accuracy.

And how to read defenses.

And maybe how to throw a dang check down pass to a wide open RB on almost EVERY DROP BACK PASS PLAY!! I can only imagine the yards Ameer would have had this year if he had gotten more check down passes from TA.

yep, all you have to do is look at that last play against Minnesota, TA through that pass into double coverage and the WR got it stripped, your best player was 15 yards to TA's right wide open with no defenders for at least 15 yards. don't know if he would have scored but we would have easily moved the chains and with Abdulla with the ball in his hands you never know.