Johnny Stanton

The long-prophecied QB brawl between Stanton and Armstrong should finally materialize this Spring. Look forward to it, it'll make both players better.

And Darlington, Bush...you have guys coming off redshirt years with a clean slate in a new system. There's a lot of excitement here, I think.

We have a lot of different options at QB and there's no doubt some of these fine athletes will get their heart broken. I read that my passing guy Zack was another of the ones who was injured in highschool.....two concussions....ouch. Maybe some of them will switch positions and end up in the NFL like Stanley Jean-Baptiste.

The long-prophecied QB brawl between Stanton and Armstrong should finally materialize this Spring. Look forward to it, it'll make both players better.

And Darlington, Bush...you have guys coming off redshirt years with a clean slate in a new system. There's a lot of excitement here, I think.

We have a lot of different options at QB and there's no doubt some of these fine athletes will get their heart broken. I read that my passing guy Zack was another of the ones who was injured in highschool.....two concussions....ouch. Maybe some of them will switch positions and end up in the NFL like Stanley Jean-Baptiste.

i just want to see guys looking off their receivers and going thru their reads....and improving!

i just want to see guys looking off their receivers and going thru their reads....and improving!

By the stats Armstrong and Bush look like twin brothers, Stanton is more of a duel-threat QB than I originally thought he was and I wonder about his D1 passing ability, Darlington seems like the best pure passer and he'd better be with two concussions already because running will not be his strong suit.

By the stats Armstrong and Bush look like twin brothers, Stanton is more of a duel-threat QB than I originally thought he was and I wonder about his D1 passing ability, Darlington seems like the best pure passer and he'd better be with two concussions already because running will not be his strong suit.

Agreed, Darlington is going to need his brain for the rest of his life, he needs to stay healthy and not take a lot of hits to the head. Running him on option plays would increase the concussion probability a lot.

So do folks really believe that with all the qbs we have with legit running ability that we still wont be incorporating any qb run game cuz of Riley's "pro style" offense? God. I find that just comical.

I would think the # of QB runs would come from broken plays or guys covered down field and the QB takes off. There will be some designed QB runs in the playbook but how often the QB runs is going to be down from the zone read option we currently run.

So do folks really believe that with all the qbs we have with legit running ability that we still wont be incorporating any qb run game cuz of Riley's "pro style" offense? God. I find that just comical.

I would think the # of QB runs would come from broken plays or guys covered down field and the QB takes off. There will be some designed QB runs in the playbook but how often the QB runs is going to be down from the zone read option we currently run.

regardless if the qb is armstrong, stanton or whoever, i guarantee you there will be read option and speed option incorporated into our offense next year. Its a skillset of our current players, and Riley is a master at building systems around his guys, not trying to force his guys into a system not built for them.

We didnt utilize the qb run game nearly enogh with Tommie. Could be argued with Taylor either. WAY too much straight back pocket passing. Get these guys on the edge of play action, give em some 2 man over under route combos and a run/pass option and get them backers out of the box to set up the power game. I guarantee we will see a lot of this kind of stuff.

For all we know Riley could run the same offense because that's the type of players that were recruited and maybe recruit better passers in the future? It looks to me like we have a bunch of mediocre passing duel-threat QB's. I'd be tempted to look at DPE who was a QB in highschool and let those weak passers catch the ball...not that it will happen.

If we're gonna run that zone-read or some similar style, let's get all these running QB's ready and go with the hot hand. Like that afternoon guy on KFAB said, if they're all about 'the team' , why can't everybody on 'the team' get a shot when nothing is working?

The short passing game is my biggest concern right now;....I just like to know that we have a QB who can throw a freaking 7 yard pass to our Heisman candidate or NCAA punt return leader and let them run with the freaking ball......even a shovel pass, I'd take a freaking shovel pass!!

Another thing...we DO have a tight end, I've seen him out there a few times......this isn't rocket science.

Darrell Wood

“As a guy starts to get more reps, you start to see improvement, and he starts to get more comfortable,” Cotton said. and: " I think he’ll be a great competitor at Nebraska when they get that quarterback competition going.” What an indictment of BO/Beck. I would say "unbelievable" but sadly, it is believable. I'm so glad Bo is behind us and am so pumped that SE hired Mike Riley as coach. Riley said, "there is no end to a player's development." GBR