Leaders developing?

We needed a few players to step up and most likely speak for the the others who are looking forward to the new coach.

Looks like Michael Rose and Pearson-El are ready to roll publicly giving the thumbs up for Coach Riley.

Who do we really need to step up and welcome this new coach and staff?

I personally think we need two players on the offense....TA or a OLineman

If you subscribe to the notion that a big part of the losses have been attitude & culture issues within the team, I think we really folks to step up to being "active leaders" in every position group.

As far as external facing (to the fans/media/HB), not worried as good internal team dynamic will take care of this.

& +1 to the old knee above; that's just freekin' classic :)

I agree. Gerry & Rose on defense. It's unfortunate Ameer is leaving. There isn't a name that pops up with the offense. A leader doesn't necessary have to start, but it helps. Probably Imani Cross. :dunno He'll be a senior. Although he seems more like the silent type figure. Player leadership is important so I hope many players step up for that type of role.

DPE, Rose and Davie have been some of the most vocal guys publicly. Givens-Price also was among those who came to the presser. So, there is a pretty good chance they are vocal guys behind closed doors also. Though I would suspect that some of the less than thrilled guys are the ones who have been sliding by and know there are guys behind them they might lose jobs to if the competition were truly open.