Is Riley the Best Candidate We Could Get?

Mavric

How Did We Do?  

140 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

There has been quite a bit of discussion over the last couple years about whether we should fire another nine-win coach and whether top-shelf coaches would consider coming to Lincoln. Now we've tried once and have some idea who was considering us (depending on which rumors you believe).

So, on a scale of "who'd want to come to a school that fires a coach with nine wins" to "you can't say Chris Petersen wouldn't come here", how did we do?

Edit: Per questions that have come up: Best is whatever you think it is. Different people have different priorities. There isn't a right answer, just getting a feel for what people think.

I think it's more about fit and managing benefits and deficits than finding the "best" coach. Could a coach that's used to spending all of his time recruiting in fertile SEC territory really be a guaranteed success at a place like Nebraska? Or do we need someone who is experienced in dealing with natural disadvantages? To a certain extent I think it all depends on the person. I don't have a better answer to the question.