2014 College Football Playoff

Mavric

The college football playoff is awesome dude.

Almost as great as the original NYD.

Rose: Oregon vs Ohio State

Fiesta: TCU vs Sparty

Cotton: Baylor vs Ole Miss

Sugar: Bama vs FSU

Orange: KSU vs GaTech

Six teams go to bed in contention for a national title.

LOL....I had previously missed the attempt at humor.

:laughpound

Wait....you serious????

:facepalm:

8 team playoff - first round on campus.

Pass. I love the four-team format.

8 teams, how bad would Oregon have beat Mississippi State? :snacks:

Agree, also I dont want to diminish the bowl games. While #5 had a valid complaint this year, so would #9, as would 17 etc. Keep it at four, and make sure the SEC never wins again.

Bowl games? How would it diminish the bowl games if they would be rotating. 8 teams makes sure the Power 5 conference champions get in and at larges. I don't get how the regular season is watered down though. N

Agree, also I dont want to diminish the bowl games. While #5 had a valid complaint this year, so would #9, as would 17 etc. Keep it at four, and make sure the SEC never wins again.

Bowl games? How would it diminish the bowl games if they would be rotating. 8 teams makes sure the Power 5 conference champions get in and at larges. I don't get how the regular season is watered down though. N

College Football wants us to watch the 'NY6' bowls in the same way we used to watch all the Jan 1st major bowls. Problem is as they expand the playoff, the other bowls are playing for less and less. Also this year the timing was troublesome, if you were on the West Coast, the Peach Bowl kicked off at 9:30am on a Wednesday.

College Football wants us to watch the 'NY6' bowls in the same way we used to watch all the Jan 1st major bowls. Problem is as they expand the playoff, the other bowls are playing for less and less. Also this year the timing was troublesome, if you were on the West Coast, the Peach Bowl kicked off at 9:30am on a Wednesday.

How so? The BCS system used one game to decide it's champion. All the other major bowls like the Rose or Fiesta that weren't the NC game were basically meaningless when it came down choosing a NC. These major bowl games are being absorbed into the playoff system. I hardly see how that would diminish their value.

Buckeyes Sugar Bowl win drew largest audience in cable TV history - 28.27 million viewers on ESPN.

Both games sold out, I'm pretty sure, as will the finals. I had heard some people say that this playoff wouldn't work because people wouldn't go to both games. Either they are going to both or enough people are going to one or the other. Seems like a pretty big success financially.