Armstrong's future

Lets say Stanton is good enough to QB from here on out. Does Armstrong convert to WR or RB or would you see him saying f it and transfer out.

I could see him in the running back mix. Trevone Boykin was bounced around between QB, WR and RB. He was raw and a gunslinger as a QB, but very athletic. He did whatever they asked him to do (TCU). New OC came in this past year with a new playbook and system, and he won the QB job over an Aggie transfer that backed up Manziel. Look how great that turned out. Coaching can make a difference if a player has the tools and applies what he learns. Boykin is really unbelievable and a totally team player. It's been great seeing him grow each year.

As for Armstrong, I really think it depends if the new staff can help him improve, and whether TA will embrace, learn and apply. The new staff knows QB's pretty well apparently, so it will come down to TA. If he can't, then he won't be starting.

• Fire 1

probably will make a huge difference for all quarterbacks on the roster.

but honestly it might not matter...

2 year starter that's only "+" in the passing game is his deep ball??

a Walk-on Backup??

The Elite 11 QB that thus far can't bet out either??

a little harsh and far to simplistic...

but I am more then a little interested to see if Riley makes any waves on the recruiting trail at quarterback over the next two months

or if he truly feels he has a quality quarterback on the roster.

My money is on Tommy to be the starter next year. The guy has played a lot of games.

And what about that has anything to do with being next years starter? I think we've seen what Tommy has to offer....hard north and south runner can't move laterally....locks on to one receiver and an average passer at best.

And so you can say Stanton will be the starter based on what? He hasn't played.

Lets say Stanton is good enough to QB from here on out. Does Armstrong convert to WR or RB or would you see him saying f it and transfer out.

I could see him in the running back mix. Trevone Boykin was bounced around between QB, WR and RB. He was raw and a gunslinger as a QB, but very athletic. He did whatever they asked him to do (TCU). New OC came in this past year with a new playbook and system, and he won the QB job over an Aggie transfer that backed up Manziel. Look how great that turned out. Coaching can make a difference if a player has the tools and applies what he learns. Boykin is really unbelievable and a totally team player. It's been great seeing him grow each year.

As for Armstrong, I really think it depends if the new staff can help him improve, and whether TA will embrace, learn and apply. The new staff knows QB's pretty well apparently, so it will come down to TA. If he can't, then he won't be starting.

DPE played qb in HS, and JT was in the mix as a wildcat until he got injured. A lot of raw, dual threat guys in the rotation the next couple of seasons (not only at Qb, but at Rb, Wr, Ol, those kinda Ol's that also catch. I don't know what they're called but Wiscy and Minn used them a lot). Should be a fun ride if they do develop.
  • Fire 1

My money is on Tommy to be the starter next year. The guy has played a lot of games.

And what about that has anything to do with being next years starter? I think we've seen what Tommy has to offer....hard north and south runner can't move laterally....locks on to one receiver and an average passer at best.

Haha, really? So Armstrong starting what 15-20 games, which is 15-20 games more than Stanton, is the underdog in this?

Jlaw-okay.gif