Bo has a new job

Those fair weather Youngstown fans don't know how good they have it.Clearly their national rep is better then that locally.

You're clearly over Bo.
You too.
I mean, considering that you're the one who keeps bringing up snarky (although true) takes on Bo Pelini, and not Q.... Seriously Polo, Bo is gone. You weren't dreaming. Mike Riley is our head coach. The bad man can't hurt you no more.
I'm pretty nuts for bringing up Bo in a thread about Bo.

You can't hide behind that. This is/was a thread about Bo with the idea of wishing him luck at his next (apparently not apparently) coaching gig. Not a thread to regurgitate what has been posted in countless other threads...you could have just not posted. What compels you to keep reiterating your feelings towards Bo, especially now that he's gone? I think everyone on the board knows how you feel about him.

What compels people to create the thread about him? I'm quite sure I know that everyone here has different feelings about the man, so why are those ok to be posted? They are of the same regurgitated consistency, not to mention to the one you just posted about me.

I didn't know using Bo's old words about a possible job was off limits. Lord knows I've heard "excellent in every area" Callahan jokes for seven years. That's ok and this not I guess.......

• Fire 4

All I know is if Bo goes to a school without a huge fan base like Nebraska, his attitude towards fans are going to have to change. I believe I found where YS had 14,000 people at games last year. At a school like that, coaches have to foster fan support MUCH more than a place at Nebraska. Here, the fans are going to be there. As a coach, you simply have to represent yourself well and handle the media coverage. At a place like YS, you have to be an ambassador for the program and almost beg fans to be fans.

Ummmm....that's not something he is good at.

Just the opposite, actually. Without the intense scrutiny I think Bo will be much more comfortable.

Well, it would be interesting to see. I would think at a place like YS the AD would be pushing him to do more and more out in the public to try to get excitement around the program. Bo isn't good at that and doesn't like it.

in other words, here, Bo can have a FU attitude towards the fans and there will still be 91,000 people at Memorial on Saturdays. At a place like YS, if that would come out, that 14,000 goes to abound 2,000.

Those fair weather Youngstown fans don't know how good they have it.

Clearly their national rep is better then that locally.

You're clearly over Bo.
You too.

I mean, considering that you're the one who keeps bringing up snarky (although true) takes on Bo Pelini, and not Q....

Seriously Polo, Bo is gone. You weren't dreaming. Mike Riley is our head coach. The bad man can't hurt you no more.

You can't hide behind that. This is/was a thread about Bo with the idea of wishing him luck at his next (apparently not apparently) coaching gig.

Not a thread to regurgitate what has been posted in countless other threads...you could have just not posted.

What compels you to keep reiterating your feelings towards Bo, especially now that he's gone? I think everyone on the board knows how you feel about him.

Similarly, you could have just not read his post. I have been using this tactic a lot lately with certain posters.

Those fair weather Youngstown fans don't know how good they have it.Clearly their national rep is better then that locally.

You're clearly over Bo.
You too.
I mean, considering that you're the one who keeps bringing up snarky (although true) takes on Bo Pelini, and not Q.... Seriously Polo, Bo is gone. You weren't dreaming. Mike Riley is our head coach. The bad man can't hurt you no more.
You can't hide behind that. This is/was a thread about Bo with the idea of wishing him luck at his next (apparently not apparently) coaching gig. Not a thread to regurgitate what has been posted in countless other threads...you could have just not posted. What compels you to keep reiterating your feelings towards Bo, especially now that he's gone? I think everyone on the board knows how you feel about him.

What compels people to create the thread about him? I'm quite sure I know that everyone here has different feelings about the man, so why are those ok to be posted? They are of the same regurgitated consistency, not to mention to the one you just posted about me.

I didn't know using Bo's old words about a possible job was off limits. Lord knows I've heard "excellent in every area" Callahan jokes for seven years. That's ok and this not I guess.......

It's just the fact that the guy isn't part of the program anymore--ok he physically isn't part of the program anymore, who knows about mentally. And that (and though I admittedly haven't read through all of the thread) there is no "Bo defending" going on in this thread, just makes the initial post come off poor.

Plus, it's just nice to argue with you.

• Fire 3

Those fair weather Youngstown fans don't know how good they have it.

Clearly their national rep is better then that locally.

You're clearly over Bo.
You too.

I mean, considering that you're the one who keeps bringing up snarky (although true) takes on Bo Pelini, and not Q....

Seriously Polo, Bo is gone. You weren't dreaming. Mike Riley is our head coach. The bad man can't hurt you no more.

You can't hide behind that. This is/was a thread about Bo with the idea of wishing him luck at his next (apparently not apparently) coaching gig.

Not a thread to regurgitate what has been posted in countless other threads...you could have just not posted.

What compels you to keep reiterating your feelings towards Bo, especially now that he's gone? I think everyone on the board knows how you feel about him.

Similarly, you could have just not read his post. I have been using this tactic a lot lately with certain posters.

But I like Polo, and would miss all of his great lines if I ignored him.

Kind of weird that Osborne and now Tressel seem to think the Bo is a pretty good coach. But what do they know they have only won 4 national championships in FBS.

no one said Bo isnt a good coach. He just isnt good enough. Hes been hired by an FCS program. Tressel agrees. God you people.
Let me be the first then. Bo isn't a good head coach. Now here's the spade. Would you like to be the last to shovel dirt on that grave.
FIFY.

He could be a damn good position coach or a damn good DC. Being a CEO and managing all aspects is a bit too broad in scope for him at this point.

Weren't his losses as DC at NU (the first time around) and LSU pretty bad losses? Of course, we all know how bad the losses were his second time at NU. I'm thinking he was over hyped as a DC.

I am just wondering why those of you would response to Bo may or may not of been offered the job? Many here on the board were very glad he was fired. Again, another chance for some to get in a last boot comment. I would start worrying about what this new HC can do in the future.

How about we do a little comparison of the two coaches?

I'm shamelessly stealing this post from another board.

Banker vs Pelini Defense - Common Opponents

UCLA

Yards allowed

Banker - 444

Pelini - 654

Points allowed

Banker - 20

Pelini - 36

Rushing yards allowed

Banker - 72

Pelini - 344

Passing yards allowed

Banker - 372

Pelini - 309

ADVANTAGE: BANKER

Wisconsin

Yards Allowed

Banker - 207

Pelini RS - 295

Pelini B1G CG - 640

Points allowed

Banker - 7

Pelini RS - 27

Pelini B1G CG - 70

Rushing yards allowed

Banker - 35

Pelini RS - 56

Pelini B1G CG - 539

Passing yards allowed

Banker - 172

Pelini RS - 239

Pelini B1G CG - 101

ADVANTAGE: BANKER X 2

Wisconsin

Yards allowed

Banker - 397

Pelini - 486

Points allowed

Banker - 35

Pelini - 48

Rushing yards allowed

Banker - 208

Pelini - 231

Passing yards allowed

Banker - 189

Pelini - 255

Washington

Yards allowed

Banker - 315

Pelini - 420

Points allowed

Banker - 21

Pelini - 38

Rushing yards allowed

Banker - 160

Pelini - 146

Passing yards allowed

Banker - 155

Pelini - 274

Washington

Yards allowed

Banker - 475

Pelini - 246

Pelini Bowl - 340

Points allowed

Banker - 35

Pelini - 21

Pelini Bowl - 19

Rushing yards allowed

Banker - 189

Pelini - 175

Pelini Bowl - 268

Passing yards allowed

Banker - 286

Pelini - 71

Pelini Bowl - 72

ADVANTAGE: PELINI X 2

Arizona

Yards allowed

Banker - 388

Pelini - 109

Points allowed

Banker - 37

Pelini - 0

Rushing yards allowed

Banker - 134

Pelini - 63

Passing yards allowed

Banker - 254

Pelini - 46

ADVANTAGE: PELINI

Then there's this:

2008:

Nebraska D- 18 4* or better recruits

OSU D- 7 4* or better recruits

2009:

Nebraska D- 20 4* or better recruits

OSU D- 5 4* or better recruits

2010:

Nebraska D- 16 4* or better recruits

OSU D- 6 4* or better recruits

2011:

Nebraska D- 18 4* or better recruits

OSU D- 4 4* or better recruits

2012:

Nebraska D- 16 4* or better recruits

OSU D- 3 4* or better recruits

Sooooooooooo Banker did better in 5 of 8 games with 63 less 4* recruits.

That's pretty much what everybody that knows this coaching staff says: "Does more with less."

• Fire 1