Is Gregory Going to Miss the Holiday Bowl?

There was a play early in the Minnesota game. Down on the goal line. I'm thinking it was the first quarter, but it coulda been fourth. It was a minny TD. A qb sneak. Gregory was leaning on the pile, and you can see plain as day in the replay (not intentional I think, but it happened) a minnesota player lean on and slightly push with his knee on the knee of Gregory. Very awkward, and if you watch it, it doesnt look good. Just the slightest tweek. Gregory did need help off the field, but did return for the remainder. It's unknown what he was actually hurt for on that play. But I'm wondering if it was the knee and after they discovered a slight problemt with it and that's why he's sittin it out since.

I'm trying to find footage. I'll post if I do.

There was a play early in the Minnesota game. Down on the goal line. I'm thinking it was the first quarter, but it coulda been fourth. It was a minny TD. A qb sneak. Gregory was leaning on the pile, and you can see plain as day in the replay (not intentional I think, but it happened) a minnesota player lean on and slightly push with his knee on the knee of Gregory. Very awkward, and if you watch it, it doesnt look good. Just the slightest tweek. Gregory did need help off the field, but did return for the remainder. It's unknown what he was actually hurt for on that play. But I'm wondering if it was the knee and after they discovered a slight problemt with it and that's why he's sittin it out since.

I'm trying to find footage. I'll post if I do.

Thanks.

This may be completely 'unfair", and way off-base, but this has been my "gut" feeling all season. I am not surprised that he isn't playing. Prior to the Iowa game, the local news was saying that Bell was questionable with head injury and Gregory was questionable with "illness"….. that was the reports.

He looked good at the game and standing and talking by the busses after the game. I thought it was probably illness related as far as him not playing…..based on media.

With that said, I really think that he has "protected" himself all year. He has come off of the field more than anyone else, with minor tweaks, only to return later or a week later. When your draft stock is that high, every tweak and pain becomes that much more of a concern. After he re-injured an old high school injury in week 1-2, and then played in Miami game, he has been careful. Miami was cutting and he was pi$$ed. This is why he was is so many scuffles in that game. I think he was thinking they were trying to take him out.

Many times this year, I believe that he has sat or come out with things that "most" guys play through, and stuff that he would have played through last season, as he was creating and building his draft stock.

Now that he is such a potentially high pick, I suspect he is really cautious. I am not saying he didn't give it a 100% or took games "off"……. but I also think he has been extremely careful with things. In his mind, there is absolutely NO reason to play. Meaningless game, Coach gone, maybe minor injury…. NOTHING to gain, and everything to lose at this point.

I am disappointed, but honestly can't blame him. He is flirting with tons of $$$$$. And this is why I think it is absolutely out of the question on whether or not he comes back. A big fat 0% chance, and I think that was decision was made in week 1-2.

This may be completely 'unfair", and way off-base, but this has been my "gut" feeling all season. I am not surprised that he isn't playing. Prior to the Iowa game, the local news was saying that Bell was questionable with head injury and Gregory was questionable with "illness"….. that was the reports.

He looked good at the game and standing and talking by the busses after the game. I thought it was probably illness related as far as him not playing…..based on media.

With that said, I really think that he has "protected" himself all year. He has come off of the field more than anyone else, with minor tweaks, only to return later or a week later. When your draft stock is that high, every tweak and pain becomes that much more of a concern. After he re-injured an old high school injury in week 1-2, and then played in Miami game, he has been careful. Miami was cutting and he was pi$$ed. This is why he was is so many scuffles in that game. I think he was thinking they were trying to take him out.

Many times this year, I believe that he has sat or come out with things that "most" guys play through, and stuff that he would have played through last season, as he was creating and building his draft stock.

Now that he is such a potentially high pick, I suspect he is really cautious. I am not saying he didn't give it a 100% or took games "off"……. but I also think he has been extremely careful with things. In his mind, there is absolutely NO reason to play. Meaningless game, Coach gone, maybe minor injury…. NOTHING to gain, and everything to lose at this point.

I am disappointed, but honestly can't blame him. He is flirting with tons of $$$$$. And this is why I think it is absolutely out of the question on whether or not he comes back. A big fat 0% chance, and I think that was decision was made in week 1-2.

I agree and I think he has been very cautious this year to be sure to not impact his future, I love to watch the guy play when he has been full go and I have enjoyed watching him, I think his NFL stock has a lot to do with his athletic skills but he has not had the type of impact that I was excited for this year. I get that he has forced double and teams to game plan and he has fought off the injury bug but at the end of the day I was underwhelmed.

This may be completely 'unfair", and way off-base, but this has been my "gut" feeling all season. I am not surprised that he isn't playing. Prior to the Iowa game, the local news was saying that Bell was questionable with head injury and Gregory was questionable with "illness".. that was the reports.

He looked good at the game and standing and talking by the busses after the game. I thought it was probably illness related as far as him not playing..based on media.

Now that he is such a potentially high pick, I suspect he is really cautious. I am not saying he didn't give it a 100% or took games "off". but I also think he has been extremely careful with things. In his mind, there is absolutely NO reason to play. Meaningless game, Coach gone, maybe minor injury. NOTHING to gain, and everything to lose at this point.

I agree and I think he has been very cautious this year to be sure to not impact his future, I love to watch the guy play when he has been full go and I have enjoyed watching him, I think his NFL stock has a lot to do with his athletic skills but he has not had the type of impact that I was excited for this year. I get that he has forced double and teams to game plan and he has fought off the injury bug but at the end of the day I was underwhelmed.

I agree and have thought it all year.

Oh and he will get worked in the NFL. It's not NCAA any more.