Who starts at QB 1st game and last game>

bruzer1053

Stanton, Stanton

I like the thought of Stanton but have a gut feeling MR will give TA first chance and if he doesn't perform well put in Stanton. Unless practices go in a different way, maybe we'll see MR go with Stanton. Stanton has the physical toughness to run, a strong arm, and carries leadership qualities. He could get the job done being well-rounded.

Don't think Armstrong will cut it, hope I'm wrong. Maybe with intensive coaching he can improve enough to stay at QB. I look for him to transfer or change positions...maybe slot back

Boy I hope you are right. I am for TA starting. I think he'll stay if he gets to be starting QB. My guess is Riley will start him but again I hope I am wrong. I think Stanton has all it takes and should be given a chance.

I haven't been impressed with TA. At all. The only way I want TA to be the starter next year is if he works with a dedicated QB coach and learns tons about what it takes to be a really good QB.

I think it was jay foreman on 1620 that said that if someone would just teach TA how to plant his feet correctly and point them in the right direction you would see a huge improvement. TA with proper coaching could see a similar improvement that Martinez did his second to third year

And how to not lock on his primary receiver. That was my biggest pet peeve with him as QB.

I think it was jay foreman on 1620 that said that if someone would just teach TA how to plant his feet correctly and point them in the right direction you would see a huge improvement. TA with proper coaching could see a similar improvement that Martinez did his second to third year

And how to not lock on his primary receiver. That was my biggest pet peeve with him as QB.

clearly, Beck never coached this kid.........

Yup. It was/is maddening and difficult to watch.

I don't see it being TA. Just too inconsistent. I didn't see much improvement from last year to this. Throwing motion, missing too many short passes (either because he threw a rocket or just plain missed - so many of his passes to the sidelines were off the mark). I think we end up wt Stanton or Bush - my guess it will be Stanton.

I don't see it being TA. Just too inconsistent. I didn't see much improvement from last year to this. Throwing motion, missing too many short passes (either because he threw a rocket or just plain missed - so many of his passes to the sidelines were off the mark). I think we end up wt Stanton or Bush - my guess it will be Stanton.

Good coaching may improve TA. He certainly hasn't benefited from that so far. From limited observation, I really like Bush. Haven't seen much of Stanton, but he may be the real deal. At the very least, we have a chance of actually seeing the best QB on the field this year

I think all the QB's need to work on things this Summer and whoever comes out on top will be the starter. At least Stanton, Fyfe, Bush, and Darlington will know going into the Spring that the QB job is theirs for the taking so they can't blame anyone but themselves, if they don't surpass TA. TA definitely needs alot of work with every facet of his game. It will be interesting to see who comes out as the Starter. Whoever it is, the completion % needs to be around 65% with few INT's and good eye for reading defenses.

That's the beauty of the coaching change IF you trust these new coaches as talent evaluators and developers. There is no bias. It's a clean slate across the board. Tommy's experience is clearly a plus, but experience in Becks offense has proven to be regressing and damaging. Normally, Quarterbacks are supposed to improve over their careers.

There's also the benefit of simplification. If Riley's system is simpler it gives the player the ability to display their talents and abilities. It becomes more about developing the offense around the talent unlike Beck who was building his offense around HIS OWN talents. He was the chess master and players were simply pons. The other plus of simplification, more talented and sometimes younger players can find their way on the field and make an impact.

This leads to development through experience. It creates depth. The best way to learn is through experience. The more guys who can "get it" and get onto the field, the better. The last staff not only rarely had depth, but for the majority of the time even the starters didn't appear to ever "get it". The coaches said as much on a regular basis.

• Fire 2