Tim Beck's comments

Sker4Ever

I didn't think his comments were too bad.

Seems like that attitude though- that Nebraska was such a hard place to win- spread through the coaches then the team like a virus. There's some truth to the things Beck is saying of course. But there's also a ton of advantages at Nebraska. It's just a matter of what you want to focus on.

I think too that there was some disharmony on the staff. I don't get the impression Beck was free to do what he wanted, so he was always worrying about what Bo would want or think, instead of just coordinating the offense. Just my opinion.

• Fire 2

Seems like that attitude though- that Nebraska was such a hard place to win- spread through the coaches then the team like a virus. There's some truth to the things Beck is saying of course. But there's also a ton of advantages at Nebraska. It's just a matter of what you want to focus on.

I think too that there was some disharmony on the staff. I don't get the impression Beck was free to do what he wanted, so he was always worrying about what Bo would want or think, instead of just coordinating the offense. Just my opinion.

Of course it is hard to win when you don't put much effort into recruiting. Nobody can win at the level that is expected at a program like Nebraska with the talent that they recruited. Which is why are are in the unemployment line or coaching at D2 schools now.

Of course it is hard to win when you don't put much effort into recruiting. Nobody can win at the level that is expected at a program like Nebraska with the talent that they recruited. Which is why are are in the unemployment line or coaching at D2 schools now.

Recruiting may lose us games against the Alabamas and Ohio States. But our recruiting was better than Minnesota, Wisconsin and Michigan State. We lost those games because of coaching.

I do agree with you though that our recruiting could have been better. It's hard to sell a recruit on a school if you don't believe in the school yourself. I think that was a problem with Bo. He was an Ohio State guy and didn't seem to ever get that Ohio State doesn't hold Nebraska's jock, at least prior to the last couple coaching errors. Hell, we're all getting beaten down now after 15 years of mediocrity.

• Fire 3

What a bunch of freaking can't do it whiners this staff was. I would be embarrassed to give the answers Beck did. I wouldn't hire him to pull weeds after reading that. Boo f'ing hoo, the weather, the recruits, we can't see 25 on a Friday night, have to work around injuries, and on and on and on. Hey Mr. Can't hack it panty waist, winners find a way and do it, adapt, overcome. You and Bo and Paps seemed to instill a it can't be done attitude on this team. Sure you pretty much handled the weak teams but when push came to shove, your lack of belief was your downfall. See ya, wouldn't want to be ya.

• Fire 4