OWH: Bo Pelini insults A.D. Shawn Eichorst in expletive-filled rant during final meeting with players

zoogs

What! Are you f*cking kidding me. I feel like I am in the Bible belt of America, gee, he cussed in front of 18 years old men. I think that these tape are sure convenient to leak to the press IMO. He was venting to the team. I am not offended by what Bo says.

He was trying to "poison the well" against the next guy and the admin, this is a level of unprofessionalism that is ridiculous. Words in and of themselves will never bother me, but the intent behind them with the apparent effort to damage the program on his way out should invoke a level of ire from any real Husker fan.

• Fire 1

What! Are you f*cking kidding me. I feel like I am in the Bible belt of America, gee, he cussed in front of 18 years old men. I think that these tape are sure convenient to leak to the press IMO. He was venting to the team. I am not offended by what Bo says.

Anyone who refers to people as c***s is a loser in my book. I don't care who he/she is talking to.

That depends on the person view point, is the AD one or not? That is the question

OWH has the audio.

Already listening to only 5 mins, and the transcript, at least the one I read, was not exactly accurate.

For instance, he asked the board to get rid of himself, not SE

This correction reported long ago by Sam McKewon of the OWH, when they posted their own transcript.

I'm blown away that there's still anyone defending Bo at this point. It's honestly laughable.

Just look at the mere fact that instead of spending the last 30 minutes he'll ever have with this team telling them how much he appreciated them and wishing his players well, he instead spent it calling the AD a "c***" and making sure everyone knew that he (Bo) was right. That's all you need to know.

exactly.
:wasted But why no +1? :dunno

He did tell his players he loved and appreciates them, he just tossed in a few f bombs and female genitalia references while talking about his old boss. But he did tell them he appreciated them.

As an afterthought at the end of his bully pulpit rant, sure.

I would say that using 99% of your last time to speak with your players as an opportunity to sh#t on the AD instead of giving them words of encouragement would be x1,000 times more insulting than having the AD tell you your coach is fired via an e-mail.

I dont think Bo or Shawn handled this parting of ways the way they should have. Its a shame the aftershock this fallout could have.

Everyone should thank Bo for turning the program back in the right direction from the pederson-callahan debacle instead of bashing him.

We owe Pelini a lot less than he owes us. We gave him far more than his ability, experience, and character deserved.

Yeah, I guess turning around a bad team, no cheating, graduating players, having players love him doesn't deserve a simple thanks or good luck. Or at least not a ripping.

It is a bad team.

Anyone who refers to people as c***s is a loser in my book. I don't care who he/she is talking to.

That depends on the person view point, is the AD one or not? That is the question

No it doesn't. And what the hell does it even mean to be a c***? Why do straight guys use something they like so much as a diss? Or is it so horrible to be a woman that it's used for that reason? Either way, people who use it are losers.

I'm blown away that there's still anyone defending Bo at this point. It's honestly laughable.

Just look at the mere fact that instead of spending the last 30 minutes he'll ever have with this team telling them how much he appreciated them and wishing his players well, he instead spent it calling the AD a "c***" and making sure everyone knew that he (Bo) was right. That's all you need to know.

exactly.

He did tell his players he loved and appreciates them, he just tossed in a few f bombs and female genitalia references while talking about his old boss. But he did tell them he appreciated them.

I would say that using 99% of your last time to speak with your players as an opportunity to sh#t on the AD instead of giving them words of encouragement would be x1,000 times more insulting than having the AD tell you your coach is fired via an e-mail.

I dont think Bo or Shawn handled this parting of ways the way they should have. Its a shame the aftershock this fallout could have.

Logistics were at least a partial factor in Eichorst's decision. Bo's self-interest was the only factor in his.

Exactly! So well said.

Contrast what Bo has said publicly (nothing) to what the administration has said:

Coach Pelini, I have great respect for him. He’s a good football coach and a good man. It wasn’t a lack of effort by him or his staff or our wonderful players.

On what he wants people to know about Bo Pelini

"I think we need to thank Coach Pelini for the service has provided to the University of Nebraska and the sacrifices that he has made."

Shawn Eichorst gave every opportunity for Bo to make a classy, cordial exit. Bo declined in the way that only Bo could.

• Fire 2

exactly.

what did shawn do wrong? and how does it compare to bo's inability to act like an adult and be an accountable leader?

bo is pretty funny, though; in his rant on why he was right (or whatever the point of the incomprehensible drivel was), he proved beyond a reasonable doubt why it was 100% correct to fire him.

• Fire 2

No it doesn't. And what the hell does it even mean to be a c***? Why do straight guys use something they like so much as a diss? Or is it so horrible to be a woman that it's used for that reason? Either way, people who use it are losers.

Bo must of felt he was not getting respect.

Man, that was childish. That is really all I can say. I am not sure that SE has the best way of handling the situation, but that is just being a child throwing a pity party tantrum.

The big problem is that those kids aren't mature enough to necessarily see how childish and immature he is being when he says all those things.

The upside to this is that most of them will forget about the situation and move on as soon as they get a chance to work with their new coaches.

Dude the kids are mature enough to see through this, they may be young but they're not mentally disabled

Exactly! So well said.

Contrast what Bo has said publicly (nothing) to what the administration has said:

Coach Pelini, I have great respect for him. He’s a good football coach and a good man. It wasn’t a lack of effort by him or his staff or our wonderful players.

On what he wants people to know about Bo Pelini

"I think we need to thank Coach Pelini for the service has provided to the University of Nebraska and the sacrifices that he has made."

Shawn Eichorst gave every opportunity for Bo to make a classy, cordial exit. Bo declined in the way that only Bo could.

Good point, Zoogs.

About a week ago, about 10 days ago, I said, I um, went to a couple of the members of the Board, and I don't even know what those guys really do. And I said "hey if this guy isn't gonna do his job, if he doesn't have the balls to go out there and support me, to support these kids, support this program, do me a favor and get rid of him."

Ummmm

If I went over the head of my immediate supervisor to the head boss and demanded my immediate supervisor be fired - I wonder what would happen?

If this is what he said

Edited by huKSer