OWH: Bo Pelini insults A.D. Shawn Eichorst in expletive-filled rant during final meeting with players

zoogs

Everyone should thank Bo for turning the program back in the right direction from the pederson-callahan debacle instead of bashing him.

We owe Pelini a lot less than he owes us. We gave him far more than his ability, experience, and character deserved.
Yeah, I guess turning around a bad team, no cheating, graduating players, having players love him doesn't deserve a simple thanks or good luck. Or at least not a ripping.
I guessing you don't follow Scott Shanle on twitter

You mean the Scott Shanle who never played for Pelini? Yes and I do follow nate gerry, michael rose, valentine, finnin, Rex Burkhead, etc....... who actually played for him and all said Pelini was the best coach they've ever had.

I would certainly hope their coach at the highest level they've played, would be the best coach they've had.

• Fire 2

This comes a week after Sipple went on Sharp and Benning and insinuated that Shawn Eichorst and Barry Alvarez conspired together in order to bring Riley to Lincoln and set Gary Andersen up with the OSU job in order to get an Alvarez protege (Chryst) the head job. I mean what. the. f#*k.

The LJS needs to fire Sipple. He's totally irresponsible and unprofessional in his coverage of Nebraska and Pelini.

That's pretty harsh. You don't have to agree with Sipple, I normally don't, but it's a GOOD thing to have a different voice sometimes. Are his opinions or analysis always correct? No. But calling for a newspaper to fire a journalist who's main purpose is writing opinion pieces about sports? C'mon. The whole point of the sports section is to spark some water-cooler discussion with you and your coworkers or with your buddies.

Sipple has demonstrated time and again that he is incapable of rational thought or objectivity when covering the program and Pelini. It has nothing to do with having a different opinion.

Oh no, I think it does. You just don't agree with his opinion. That's the difference.

• Fire 1

Everyone should thank Bo for turning the program back in the right direction from the pederson-callahan debacle instead of bashing him.

We owe Pelini a lot less than he owes us. We gave him far more than his ability, experience, and character deserved.
Yeah, I guess turning around a bad team, no cheating, graduating players, having players love him doesn't deserve a simple thanks or good luck. Or at least not a ripping.

You mean the Scott Shanle who never played for Pelini? Yes and I do follow nate gerry, michael rose, valentine, finnin, Rex Burkhead, etc....... who actually played for him and all said Pelini was the best coach they've ever had.

I would certainly hope their coach at the highest level they've played, would be the best coach they've had.

exactly. that is what i always think.

and how many college coaches are not held in high esteem by their players? they have to trust that person. and everything that person says is gospel, regardless of how bizarre it is to the outside. also, bo especially seemed to be more buddy/brother than coach/leader.

This comes a week after Sipple went on Sharp and Benning and insinuated that Shawn Eichorst and Barry Alvarez conspired together in order to bring Riley to Lincoln and set Gary Andersen up with the OSU job in order to get an Alvarez protege (Chryst) the head job. I mean what. the. f#*k.

The LJS needs to fire Sipple. He's totally irresponsible and unprofessional in his coverage of Nebraska and Pelini.

That's pretty harsh. You don't have to agree with Sipple, I normally don't, but it's a GOOD thing to have a different voice sometimes. Are his opinions or analysis always correct? No. But calling for a newspaper to fire a journalist who's main purpose is writing opinion pieces about sports? C'mon. The whole point of the sports section is to spark some water-cooler discussion with you and your coworkers or with your buddies.

Sipple has demonstrated time and again that he is incapable of rational thought or objectivity when covering the program and Pelini. It has nothing to do with having a different opinion.

Oh no, I think it does. You just don't agree with his opinion. That's the difference.

The inability to form a coherent, objective analysis is not the hallmark of a professional journalist. At least it never used to be.

We have now reached the point where Bo acted like Jesus. Wow. You should be ashamed quoting scripture like that.

Actually, I just finished up leading chapel at a homeless shelter, so I'm pretty confident with my scripture...

...and the whooshing sound you heard when you were reading my post was the point being made flying right over your head.

The point is that there are different types of anger, not only "lashing out at adversity". Do you think Christ felt powerless and was lashing out, or was he compelled to correct the situation when he found it? Do you think only Pelini and Homer Simpson types get mad?

I knew when I made this post that someone would fall all over themselves with the "Pelini = Jesus Christ" retort and think it was deep thinking on his part to point it out. You're that guy.

The inability to form a coherent, objective analysis is not the hallmark of a professional journalist. At least it never used to be.

Hoosker has it. Just because, in your opinion, Sipple's analysis is off the mark and he isn't 'objective', doesn't mean he should be fired. It means you disagree with him. Which, mind you, is often the point of opinion articles.

Think about what he says. Do you agree with him? If so, why? If not, why not? The point of any sports journalist is to get the reader to engage and think, whether or not you agree or disagree with them.

Is Bo Pelini's opinion on S.E. any different from our own opinions before he fired Bo Pelini? Go back and look at the garbage that some of you guys wrote about the guy and look in the mirror. Granted, Bo should have some professionalism, but the man is entitled to his opinion, which isn't too far off from what we thought of the guy.

He's also the only college coach they ever had. Sort of like when I tell my wife she's my favorite wife.

By the way, can anyone confirm or deny Pelini's allegation that Eichorst brought security along with him to talk to the players?

Yeah, when I heard that I thought, "Eichorst is a p***y". I mean come on. Really? Security? Really?
This information is important in determining whether or not Bo's statements bear any truth.

Is Bo Pelini's opinion on S.E. any different from our own opinions before he fired Bo Pelini? Go back and look at the garbage that some of you guys wrote about the guy and look in the mirror. Granted, Bo should have some professionalism, but the man is entitled to his opinion, which isn't too far off from what we thought of the guy.

Are you really comparing a bunch of fans on a message board to a public figure making a speech in front of young impressionable boys?

By the way, can anyone confirm or deny Pelini's allegation that Eichorst brought security along with him to talk to the players?

Yeah, when I heard that I thought, "Eichorst is a p***y". I mean come on. Really? Security? Really?

Yeah, I guess I give him a break on that, if its even true. Emotions are high, and even SE (probably) has emotions. Hard to say, being a ginger and all. The dude is low on sleep, and he had to be pretty spent, its pretty conceivable to me for him to think "what if get mad?" I don't think he is right to have that thought, but I am saying when you are stressed out, low on sleep and emotional you can think weird stuff.

Yeah, I guess I give him a break on that, if its even true. Emotions are high, and even SE (probably) has emotions. Hard to say, being a ginger and all. The dude is low on sleep, and he had to be pretty spent, its pretty conceivable to me for him to think "what if get mad?" I don't think he is right to have that thought, but I am saying when you are stressed out, low on sleep and emotional you can think weird stuff.

I don't know. Looking at this now, yes, I'm glad we parted ways with Bo. But I don't like Eichorst regardless if he had security or not. Just listening to him, things I've read about him, don't like the guy.

If I went over the head of my immediate supervisor to the head boss and demanded my immediate supervisor be fired - I wonder what would happen?

I think Pelini wanted to get out of here, but he also wanted to keep the contract extension money and raise that Eichorst gave him not too long ago...but he can't do both if he quits...right?...

...but if Pelini gets fired, he's home free and back to Ohio and he keeps getting those paychecks Eichorst promised for the next 51 months. But how to go about getting fired? Would getting into the face of one or two Regents do that? Apparently yes.

I would bet Pelini will have a bigger smile on his face cashing those NU checks than Eichorst will have when he is signing them!

Fellas, I think NU was played.