Bring back Frost. Now

lo country

So are you saying there wasnt a Nebraska way? Can you literally stand in front of those large gleaming trophies that say " National Champions" and not believe that a core set of principles produced that?

But is that the "Nebraska" way? Or is it just "the championship way" ?

What is the Nebraska way? That's what I'm asking. What is unique about the Nebraska way in the 90's aside from it being an unprecedented run in the modern era? I know there was innovation in many aspects and some walkons and so on, but the working hard and top notch facilities and unique offense in relation to the times and so one, well, are those things really trademarked as a Nebraska way, or just doing what has to be done to be successful, and Nebraska happened to be the one to do it. Since then, other programs have ahd pretty incredible runs. USC, Bama, Florida St(played in 3 straight BCS title games). I'm just opening up the thought process as to what was their way and how was Nebraska's different?

• Fire 1

So are you saying there wasnt a Nebraska way? Can you literally stand in front of those large gleaming trophies that say " National Champions" and not believe that a core set of principles produced that?

What is the Nebraska way? That's what I'm asking. What is unique about the Nebraska way in the 90's aside from it being an unprecedented run in the modern era? I know there was innovation in many aspects and some walkons and so on, but the working hard and top notch facilities and unique offense in relation to the times and so one, well, are those things really trademarked as a Nebraska way, or just doing what has to be done to be successful, and Nebraska happened to be the one to do it. Since then, other programs have ahd pretty incredible runs. USC, Bama, Florida St(played in 3 straight BCS title games). I'm just opening up the thought process as to what was their way and how was Nebraska's different?

I would say accountability. Sacrifice, playing for each other, the school and the fans. A never say die attitude. A refusal quit, refusal to accept 2nd place. Holding yourself and others to a higher standard on the field. The original black shirt tradition. The belief that te best player actually plays etc......

Look back at great Husker teams. They had "something" I haven't see on the fielding years. Now folks might call it swagger, but then it was pride, confidence, knowing that win or lose, the opponent was going to get the sh!t kicked out of them for 4 quarters. That no one would quit, feel sorry for themselves or half step a play. That's the Nebraska way.

I would say accountability. Sacrifice, playing for each other, the school and the fans. A never say die attitude. A refusal quit, refusal to accept 2nd place. Holding yourself and others to a higher standard on the field. The original black shirt tradition. The belief that te best player actually plays etc......

Look back at great Husker teams. They had "something" I haven't see on the fielding years. Now folks might call it swagger, but then it was pride, confidence, knowing that win or lose, the opponent was going to get the sh!t kicked out of them for 4 quarters. That no one would quit, feel sorry for themselves or half step a play. That's the Nebraska way.

While I agree that there was OBVIOUSLY (and I put that in caps cuz it needs to be emphasized) something more to them teams, it's just my open mindedness in wondering. Are those things you listed (Sacrifice, playing for each other, the school and the fans. A never say die attitude. A refusal quit, refusal to accept 2nd place. Holding yourself and others to a higher standard on the field. The belief that te best player actually plays etc......) actually unique to Nebraska? When we say get back to the Nebraska way, are those attributes that only Nebraska can execute? Or are they just in regards to solid winning college football at a championship level, where anyone can dothem? Hence, is it just the "championship way"?

See what I'm gettin at?

Now the blackshirt thing? That's a tradition. Obviously, that's unique to Nebraska.

While I agree that there was OBVIOUSLY (and I put that in caps cuz it needs to be emphasized) something more to them teams, it's just my open mindedness in wondering. Are those things you listed (Sacrifice, playing for each other, the school and the fans. A never say die attitude. A refusal quit, refusal to accept 2nd place. Holding yourself and others to a higher standard on the field. The belief that te best player actually plays etc......) actually unique to Nebraska? When we say get back to the Nebraska way, are those attributes that only Nebraska can execute? Or are they just in regards to solid winning college football at a championship level, where anyone can dothem? Hence, is it just the "championship way"?

See what I'm gettin at?

Now the blackshirt thing? That's a tradition. Obviously, that's unique to Nebraska.

I think you are correct that the Nebraska way could be interchanged with the championship way. Winning was NU's legacy. When you look at winning programs now, they emulate NU of ole IMO.

I would like to see us instill the above with the new staff. Something that has been lacking with the team IMO.

Within hours of his hire, Mike Riley had a letter out to the entire N club saying they were welcome and the door was open.

I'd say anyone who wants to talk about what it means to play for Nebraska, can.

One thing that he did quickly that had me thinking he gets "it". Even if he isn't the guy to take us to the next level, he realizes what needs to be done to get rid of some of the dysfunctional crap that has festered under Bo.

It's a reasonable question, but I'll throw it back to you: what were those core set of principles?

Are any of them unique to Nebraska, or are they relevant to any successful organization?

I don't think they have to be unique to Nebraska to be valuable. Just curious.

The closest I can come to a unique "Nebraska Way" is acknowledgement that our college football team means more to an entire state than any other team in the NCAA. But that can be a double-edged sword.

In light of Bo's comments NU needs to bring back Frost. (or another qualified guy ie Minter, Rathman etc)

Hear me out. Bo's attitude of how he really feels/felt at NU all came out in that speech. The kids (many) have heard/seen this attitude for 5 years. The kids who are seniors, leaders, captains.......think about that. The new kids come in and hear it from the coach and their "leaders". The us vs them, fans suck, media sucks, school sucks etc....

NU needs to bring in someone in a position that is former NU. A guy who bleeds red. A guy who knows the fans and the friggin NU way. Someone who can heal a the fan base NU instill the attitude and live of program that steamrolled guys. A guy who gets them to realize if you aren't winning them all, it doesn't count. A guy who teaches them that 9 wins isn't good enough. That you give 110% and then some. That you'd rather be carried off the field than tap out......

A respected NU player is needed in some capacity to right this ship........

Nope. Not even close. This may be the stupidest post I have ever read.

It's a reasonable question, but I'll throw it back to you: what were those core set of principles?

Are any of them unique to Nebraska, or are they relevant to any successful organization?

I don't think they have to be unique to Nebraska to be valuable. Just curious.

The closest I can come to a unique "Nebraska Way" is acknowledgement that our college football team means more to an entire state than any other team in the NCAA. But that can be a double-edged sword.

I expressly want to state my humility and naiveté before I even begin to presume what the core principles were. As a fan on the outside looking in, they seemed to include Honesty, Constant striving for excellence, not just hard work, but the hardest work, intelligent work, and just pure a** kicking every day in practice to make you and your team better, EVERY DAY. Scheme wise it always included a punishing offensive line. Power Football with very efficient play action pass. Defensively well it was the "Blackshirts" what more do you need to say. That to me was the Nebraska way.

No it does not have to be unique to us to be " our way", someone else can do it exactly the same, and it can be their way as well. But that's how we did it. We don't have a patent on anything.

Lastly I feel that there are more than one scheme that can be used to win a championship. But the core principles I believe are common to almost all championship teams, except those who are willing to pay $40,000 to a player's father for him to commit.

I talked to someone in line at the grocery store who works in the athletic department and they said Scott Frost is next in line after Riley.

Isn't that the guy that does salt water aquariums?

I said "they" to conceal his identity, but now you've gone and given it away. I hope he doesn't get fired.