Nobler, Several Others, Probably Out

Mavric

I'm an intern for the Colts and I can say this is not normal for pro teams to do. Not sure how different the college structure is, but this seems crazy to me. Could not imagine our video coordinator being fired if we somehow got a new coach... Football ops is separate from video.

I've read that Mike Riley's son is a videographer and that he will probably be taking over the video position.

Not unexpected. There has been a culture problem down there, and I expect anyone with years of tenure under Pelini and considered to be a "Bo guy" is going to be replaced. That "us against the world" cancer needs to be expunged. And part of why Warren was retained was that he has not been around that long.

I'm an intern for the Colts and I can say this is not normal for pro teams to do. Not sure how different the college structure is, but this seems crazy to me. Could not imagine our video coordinator being fired if we somehow got a new coach... Football ops is separate from video.

Well in the NFL, is the COACH in charge of the whole program as the supposed CEO. That's where it's different. In the bigs, the coach COACHES. That's pretty much it. And NFL coach has about the same duties as a position coach in college. Iwould even say that a position coach in college has more to do when you start thinkin about things like recruiting and such.

Just a thought.

I don't think we see system wide replacements when a new coach is hired like we've seen at Nebraska. I think the Huskers are in such a unique situation. It is important for us to slash any tie to the previous regime because of how toxic it was. Good guys, such as Nobler get caught in the crosshairs, but I figure the administration doesn't want to risk anything in this situation.

Mike Nobler is good at what he does. He will find work.

And yes this is very normal for a new coach to do this.

A video coordinator certainly is not normal. Even the journal star noted that it was rare. A coach isn't going to hire his own video guy. You're talking about technical knowledge of the equipment, processes, etc. That's something almost NO coach has any interest in hiring for. He might have a "guy" he knows, but the entire technical aspect from servers, to software could be completely different than what they are after, creating either a big learning curve a huge reinvestment by the university. There's probably more to this than just a new staff showing up.

• Fire 2