Gangwish suspended?

Warrior10

Oh wah. He can cry me a river. Don't take selfies with dead ot soon to be dead animals. You're either an idiot or a cruel idiot. Either way, he deserves something and Riley is too new to it all to do anything so nothing to see here imo.

Are you serious?
Yeah I am. Is there something wrong with that? I'm no animal conservationist but either one of two things occurred; he either tried to kill the racoon so he could take a picture with it and got bit in the process. Or, he tried to take a picture with a life racoon and got bit and decided to kill the racoon. Again either way it's a dumb dumb move. And one is f'd up cause it's his fault he got bit for messing with a wild animal.
well, I can guarantee you Gangwish has killed hundreds of coons that WERENT trying to bite him, FOR FUN.

Is coon hunting not legal in a city? What the hell difference does it make. A harmless picture transpiring into self defense? And he has to be suspended for it? Because of pressure from a garbage organization like PETA? Cmon. What the hell is wrong with this country and political correctness?

Not saying I disagree with you but hunting a raccoon with a rifle and bashing one to death with a wrench are kind of different.
it tried to bite him.

theyre a nuisance animal. Theyre declared so. it's why you can hunt them without a liscense. Same as a cyote.

He was bitten. Needed tested for rabies. That god damn thing was gonna be beheaded and the head sent in for testing anyway. That's the whole lack of common sense in all this.

f#*k PETA.

In ending, serious question. What's the new punishment when you hit a coon on the road with your car? What's the new law? I'm dead serious.

Is that the rule after being bitten by an animal? Serious question. If I am bitten by any animal, it's my job to try to kill it by any means necessary to have it tested for rabies?

I am on your side. I think it is silly but Gangwish chose to post the pics and the story. Now he has to deal with consequences. Right wrong or indifferent.

And I have no idea what the law is about running over animals. I would prefer not to so as to avoid damage to my car.

He didn't have to kill the animal. He could have gone in and gotten the shots for rabies and paid the consequences for being a dumba$$
And let a rabies animal rome around lincoln? No thanks, rabies aren't something to mess around with. Not something I think a chance should be taken with.

That being said, iirc, the animal tested negative.

That is true. But it occurred at night at and its not liked it wasnt provoked
Ya, like I said...I can see the "PR" reasons depending on how long the suspension is, but I don't agree with it.
I don't agree with it either. But this could have been avoided had gangwish not been young and stupid.. But he is

Don't care. Dumb move on Gangwish's part. I do not blame Eichorst at all, I would do the same. Gangwish set himself up for this by being an idiot. It is ALL on him. To be mad at SE is ridiculous, but some people just want to be mad at him for something, anything. A player would probably miss a game for a public intoxication or minor consumption, so I cannot blame SE for suspending him for bludgeoning a raccoon with a wrench.

200.gif

• Fire 5

I hate PETA and how they operate as much as the next person. But, having said that, if you post a video of yourself bludgeoning any animal to death, there will be some repercussions. I personally don't like that our administration caved in to the pressure from PETA but I certainly understand why they did so. A 1 week suspension is a small price to pay to get those hacks off your back.

For some of you that are overly struggling with this, you probably shouldn't be. Shooting a raccoon is much different than beating one to death with a wrench. It's a perception and appearances thing. Yes, the coon ends up dead either way but one way is a lot more humane than the other. It doesn't make one bit of difference if the animal is going to be beheaded later on anyway. The method of killing and the amount of pain inflicted on the animal does matter. I don't care if it is a cow, horse, raccoon, cat or what. I've had a little experience in this area. Years ago my employer was opening a new lamb slaughter and processing facility. We needed to run a few head through the process to check everything out. Well, the humane stunning equipment had not arrived yet so we knocked out the handful of lambs with a 2 pound ball peen hammer. I was watching this OLD man try to knock them out and he couldn't hit them hard enough to phase them. So, seeing that he was basically just torturing the animal and not making any progress, I took the hammer from him and put them down. (BTW- you have to hit a lamb/sheep really freaking hard and in the right spot to knock them out). Anyway, long story short, the wife of the companies owner got word as to what happened and let us know in no uncertain terms that wouldn't ever be happening again. It does matter how you kill an animal and how big of a nuisance or pest they are shouldn't be a factor in doing it as humanely as possibly. Gangwish may not have had a choice on how to kill it at that particular time but he sure did have the option of not making it public. F#ck PETA but he is probably due the punishment just for being stupid about making it public.

• Fire 5

Is killing a raccoon a big deal? I guess not.

Is acting like a dumbass and making headlines the wrong way on a day where the school you represent has hired a new leader and trying to turn the page away from an era that begat more bad headlines like yours than good a big deal, worthy enough of disciplinary action?

I'm leaning towards yes.

• Fire 6