Why isn't there as much public outrage with the cop killer...

NUance

You think it was silly, I think it makes sense, to each his own. I think it's silly to read a bunch of white folks opinions on racism in America when they really have no clue. #bluelivesmattertoo

Do you have to be poor to empathize with those in need? Do you have to have cancer to feel sympathy for those who do?

Do you have to be black to have empathy for the very real struggles of that community? That's a completely ridiculous stance to take. Absolutely 100% absurd. This country could stand a little more empathy between citizens. Maybe we wouldn't be in this f'ing mess.

Don't take your anger out on me, 92% of black folks are killed by other black folks. Again this isn't a racism problem, you people want to take these two incidents and turn it into a racism problem and use these incidents as an excuse. I'm sick of being told every day I'm racist and arrest more black people and show biased towards black people. It's frustrating to see two situations that had nothing to do with racism be twisted to fit agendas and drive a divide in this country. I really don't care if you think it's absurd, I think it's absurd to pull a bunch of random B.S. off of the internet to try and prove a point.

Says the guy who posted that ridiculous meme.

You think it was silly, I think it makes sense, to each his own. I think it's silly to read a bunch of white folks opinions on racism in America when they really have no clue. #bluelivesmattertoo

Do you have to be poor to empathize with those in need? Do you have to have cancer to feel sympathy for those who do?

Do you have to be black to have empathy for the very real struggles of that community? That's a completely ridiculous stance to take. Absolutely 100% absurd. This country could stand a little more empathy between citizens. Maybe we wouldn't be in this f'ing mess.

Don't take your anger out on me, 92% of black folks are killed by other black folks. Again this isn't a racism problem, you people want to take these two incidents and turn it into a racism problem and use these incidents as an excuse. I'm sick of being told every day I'm racist and arrest more black people and show biased towards black people. It's frustrating to see two situations that had nothing to do with racism be twisted to fit agendas and drive a divide in this country. I really don't care if you think it's absurd, I think it's absurd to pull a bunch of random B.S. off of the internet to try and prove a point.

Who's telling you that? Statistics make inferences on a population in general. Nobody posting statistics (I'm assuming that's what you mean by "random B.S.") is saying that you are racist. You seem incapable of separating yourself and not being defensive about this.

That's because you guys don't deal with this stuff on a daily basis, easy to criticize a profession when you aren't part of it. Statistics can show what you want them to show depending on where you pull your data from.

Surely you can understand where the distrust of the law enforcement community comes from, right? Especially in light of the fact that the prosecutor in the Brown case allowed a witness to testify whom he knew to be lying. That isn't good.

Statistics can show what you want them to show depending on where you pull your data from.

No, they can't.

You can manipulate numbers to support any stand you decide to take. If you don't know that you are quite naïve.

BRI may be the only cop on the board but he certainly isn't the only board member who supports our law enforcement officers. They have a crappy job and we citizens all to often only have contact with them when we get caught breaking a traffic law and then its whine, whine, whine. I personally thank every officer I come in contact with for their service. On the evening of Dec. 24th my wife and I will be delivering 5 dozen cookies to our local police headquarters as a way of saying thanks for working on Christmas Eve.

Next time you want to piss and moan about our law enforcement officials think about who you want to see when some a$$hole tries to mug you in a parking garage.

T_O_B

• Fire 3

Statistics can show what you want them to show depending on where you pull your data from.

No, they can't.

You can manipulate numbers to support any stand you decide to take.

lol. No you can't. Unless you just flat out change the numbers. Statistics are statistics and they say what they say. They're either gathered and interpreted correctly or they aren't.

And you might want to re-read the topic before you reply to my post and talk about pissing and moaning about cops. I've done neither of those things.

You must live in a shell, there are thousands upon thousands of people that hate the police, want us dead now because they think we are "racist pigs that are only here to violate rights"

Those people are morons. AND those people are a small minority of the population.

I have a right to an opinion on the matter as well.

No one is saying that you don't have a right to have an opinion.

My profession is being attacked unfairly and you think I'm just going to stand by and not speak up about that?

Why do you feel like your profession is being attacked? Also, it's certainly not you vs. the rest of the board or "police" vs. "everyone else."

In fact, I think that sort of thinking is pretty dangerous and leads to the sort of circling of the wagons that I alluded to earlier. You can believe that people don't understand what your job entails but if that is the case you'd probably be better off explaining it to them than telling them that they couldn't understand.

Ultimately, a large majority of the population has a very high amount of confidence and trust in the police. If you feel like your profession is under some sort of siege you're mistaken.

One can support Police Officers and still denounce the fact that too many unarmed Black men are O.o being shot dead by Police.

Don't go for the cops weapon like Brown and Hamilton did.

Domonick Washington didn't go for an officer's gun.

Rumain Brisbon didn't go for an officer's gun.

Tamir Rice didn't go for an officer's gun.

• Fire 2

I'm White. I'm quite qualified to have a discussion on race relations in America. I'm quite qualified to debate racism in America. I have no idea where the idea comes from that Whites can't discuss, from an informed position, race in this country.

@BRI - I can edit that out, but it won't be until this evening.

You can only discuss race relations in America if you are an officer of the law. Otherwise, you have no idea.

Apparently.