Scott Frost turned down HC job...

If you look from Frost's perspective, the only reason he comes here is purely out of his love for Nebraska. In all other respects, it would be a demotion career wise.

A HC in waiting deal? First of all, what does that even mean? Nothing is written into the contracts that guarantees him the job. It's a handshake agreement, and we all know oral contracts are worth the paper they are written on. If the staff were to fail and the offense struggles under Frost, you still think he would have that HC position waiting for him? Of course not.

Unless he geta a nice salary increase, and the promise of the HC job in a few years

Numerous talking heads have said that the days of hiring coordinators for P5 jobs are over. Theres just so much more into it than X's and O's. Hell, even lowly Oregon st hired an experienced head coach.

One P5 team this year didn't even hire a coordinator. They hired a position coach.

Rock Chalk!

Numerous talking heads have said that the days of hiring coordinators for P5 jobs are over. Theres just so much more into it than X's and O's. Hell, even lowly Oregon st hired an experienced head coach.

One P5 team this year didn't even hire a coordinator. They hired a position coach.

Rock Chalk!

like i said....

Good lord kansas. For the love of god..... Lol

• Fire 1

Rock Chalk!

like i said....

Good lord kansas. For the love of god..... Lol

:thumbs

Rock Chalk!

And each of KUs finalists had either been on their staff previously (Warinner, Beck, Beatty) or were current staff (Bowen).

50% of the teams in the playoff currently ace an HC that had no HC experience prior to their current jobs.

Yep. OCs and DCs would never be hired by good power five teams.

Apples to oranges. Of course lower tiered school must hire OC's and DC's. Nebraska and Florida both hired coordinators and how did that work out? Name an upper tier school that has hired a HC without previous head coaching experience? I'm not trying to be difficult but I am curious. Mark Richt is one, name some more

If you look from Frost's perspective, the only reason he comes here is purely out of his love for Nebraska. In all other respects, it would be a demotion career wise.

Somebody spent too much time listening to Pelini and his staff dog on Nebraska football.

If we took a poll of all coaches in the industry, do you honestly think anybody without emotional ties to Nebraska would say the Nebraska OC position is better than the Oregon OC position?

If you do, we just disagree.

The Nebraska OC is paid about double Oregon's OC, so yeah, I think most coaches would choose NU over Oregon. Some of that depends on the HC. With Bo Pelini here, no way anyone established would want to come. With Riley, who knows. I'd think we can get anyone whose philosophy meshes with Riley's. Remember too, Helfrich isn't Chip Kelly, so the guru has left Oregon. Give it a couple years to see what happens.

Lots of people would have gone to Florida to OC for Urban Meyer that wouldn't go there without him as HC, and rightly so. It's mostly not about places; it's about people. Alabama was a shithole before Saban resurrected it again. Who the hell would want to go to Tuscaloosa?

Frost is young(ish) and unmarried, and seems to like the West Coast. My impression is that he's also enjoyed being away from his home-state of Nebraska. There's nothing wrong with that. Lots of people get wanderlust. But it doesn't really say anything about Nebraska. The biggest problem with NU was Bo Pelini, and that problem was solved a few weeks ago.

50% of the teams in the playoff currently ace an HC that had no HC experience prior to their current jobs.

Yep. OCs and DCs would never be hired by good power five teams.

Apples to oranges. Of course lower tiered school must hire OC's and DC's. Nebraska and Florida both hired coordinators and how did that work out? Name an upper tier school that has hired a HC without previous head coaching experience? I'm not trying to be difficult but I am curious. Mark Richt is one, name some more

Florida St

Oregon.

Oklahoma

Oklahoma St

Washington