Nice comments from Kenny Bell about future

http://journalstar.com/sports/huskers/life-in-the-red/bell-no-statement-just-love-for-the-coach/article_548fb6ec-8ed6-11e4-a2ca-07b0babdcc86.html

Bell also said he hopes new Husker head coach Mike Riley has great success. He won't be here in 2015, but he'll be keeping an eye on things.

Asked how good he thinks the Huskers can be next year, Bell said: "As good as they want to be … and I hope Coach Riley the best. I want nothing but the best for Nebraska football. I love Nebraska football. I always will."

Football Kenny no one here has gripes about. The only gripes people ever have had about the guy is his lack of a filter on social media

minus the "injuries", drops, grandstanding and multitude of other things that come with "football kenny". DPE > Bell...count me in the camp that's happy to see him go. a couple years ago I certainly never thought I'd say that.

• Fire 2

Football Kenny no one here has gripes about. The only gripes people ever have had about the guy is his lack of a filter on social media

minus the "injuries", drops, grandstanding and multitude of other things that come with "football kenny". DPE > Bell...count me in the camp that's happy to see him go. a couple years ago I certainly never thought I'd say that.

chris-rock-huh-face.gif

Morgan-Freeman-Shocked-WTF-Reaction-Gif.

• Fire 3

yawwwwwnnn...this board has collectively bitched about Bell and his "injuries" for the better party of the last 18 months. throwing a solid block doesn't negate the missed games that were as expected as Bo's 4 losses.

Can you fault a guy for injury? The guy was as good of a blocker at receiver that I've seen at the college level, just superb.... Oh, he also broke the Nebraska career receiving record, and even at a program with a rushing attack tradition, that's impressive...

• Fire 1

The only complaint I have with KB is his lack of a filter on social media, letting criticism get to him too easily. He had bad games, like everyone else. He had good games, like everyone else. He got injured, like everyone else. But at the end of the day he was a Husker through and through and provided this team with a lot of memorable moments, like this:

FGKennyBell.gif

and this:

ab648361-4ab9-43cb-a67c-4f36fa2f5e88_Bel

Plus, like knapp said, he threw blocks that you would expect to see from guys twice his size. WRs are often judged based on their receiving stats, and their blocking is often overlooked. Bell was one of the best blocking WRs in college football.

Thank you, Kenny!

• Fire 1

Bell threw blocks you'd expect from guys twice his size. There are some legit things to gripe about with Kenny Bell, but injuries, especially physical injuries, aren't one of them. He sold his body out for the team on many, many occasions.

I think his blocks are a bigger selling point to scouts than his remarkable catches are.

yawwwwwnnn...this board has collectively bitched about Bell and his "injuries" for the better party of the last 18 months. throwing a solid block doesn't negate the missed games that were as expected as Bo's 4 losses.

I can think of maybe one or two people who griped about that. Most of this board didn't care about his injuries. Yes they sucked, but when a guy sells out like he does so often you can't fault him.

Oh, he also broke the Nebraska career receiving record, and even at a program with a rushing attack tradition, that's impressive...

It'll get broken again in a few years. That's the transition of CFB today. Kenny is without a doubt one of the better blockers we've had come through here. He made some great plays as well. And I'm sure his personality/positions are overshadowing plenty of things for me...but I'm just not that sad to see him go. He wasn't good for the team, and this above statement isn't going to change my opinion of him which are based on dozens of prior ones contrary to it.