Georgia tech trip option

man, I miss the option...

Agree. Fun to watch. Can you imagine the 2014 blackshirts trying to stop that sh#t? It'd be ugly.

I wish we were running it...

I do too. But it won't happen so stop torturing yourself.

A guy can hope...

That QB made plays that very few are capable of. He is special and fits that offense.

Really no different than saying, Peyton Manning can do it, so we should run that offense.

That QB made plays that very few are capable of. He is special and fits that offense.

Really no different than saying, Peyton Manning can do it, so we should run that offense.

He was incredibly quick. Dare I say Martinez quick as he hit the seem. Looked to easily be the fastest guy on the field.....

man, I miss the option...

Agree. Fun to watch. Can you imagine the 2014 blackshirts trying to stop that sh#t? It'd be ugly.

I wish we were running it...

Me too, but I wouldn't want to run that kind of offense with the defense we have. Our defense would have to be a little bit better for me to feel comfortable running the triple option.

Oh please. People have some short memories.

GT records with Johnson.

2008 - 9-4

2009 - 11-3

2010 - 6-7

2011 - 8-5

2012 - 7-7

2013 - 7-6

2014 - 11-3

59-35. For a .593 winning percentage.

and your point is?

People are complaining about percentage and poor seasons, and then get all starry-eyed for something similar that has a nostalgia feel, but would be harder to recruit to.

GT records with Johnson.

2008 - 9-4

2009 - 11-3

2010 - 6-7

2011 - 8-5

2012 - 7-7

2013 - 7-6

2014 - 11-3

and your point is?

I think his point is that between years 3 and 6 he lost 25 games in a 4 year period. Without looking at how they were lost, that alone is 9 more than Pelini levels. It's a lot. The option style and head coach remained in tact during that time and no one was firing shots at how great it was. They bounced back this past season and took it to an SEC team that wasn't your typical Alabama/LSU yearly powerhouse. It was an option team that came out of a long funk and beat an SEC representative on a night that was on TV. Most games GT plays, no one is really watching or paying attention.

Just my interpretation

GT records with Johnson.

2008 - 9-4

2009 - 11-3

2010 - 6-7

2011 - 8-5

2012 - 7-7

2013 - 7-6

2014 - 11-3

and your point is?

People are complaining about percentage and poor seasons, and then get all starry-eyed for something similar that has a nostalgia feel, but would be harder to recruit to.

Well, if Riley's offense is a SW/TB clone, at least I have hockey...

GT records with Johnson.

2008 - 9-4

2009 - 11-3

2010 - 6-7

2011 - 8-5

2012 - 7-7

2013 - 7-6

2014 - 11-3

and your point is?

Well, if Riley's offense is a SW/TB clone, at least I have hockey...

From the games I have watched over the years, it looks nothing like what we have had around here. Pro style does not mean West Coast. And Beck's offense was "...And the kitchen sink" though how much of that was Pelini we won't know until Beck calls his own games somewhere else for a few years.