Change

it will 3 or 4 yrs until we riley,s recurits playing, so nu fans will have to be patient with the new coach...nu has trouble getting big name coaches, i am thinking they believe its hard to recruit for the progam in such an isolated area of the country........but who knows, maybe riley can turn it around, time will tell

this isnt no rebuilding project. We have the talent already here to make a legit run at a conference title and in turn, the playoffs. Were sound coaching away. We got a highly expereinced staff in terms of developing talent and tailoring systems to fit that talent. We do not need to be patient for "his guys" to get in here. There will mot be some night and day massive overhaul of the offense. In fact id bet that to the casual non-Xs Os type fan, there wont be any glaring difference at all aside from bein under center here and there, huddles, and a handful of passes to the toght ends a game. Its nit gonna be a culture shock like going from option power to west coast was

Looking at the schedule next year i fully expect an 11-1 regular season. Serious. Its all mental. If he gets these guys to all turn the page and buy in that first week of spring ball, then the train will be rollin.

O-line will continue to be a problem at least next yr. and will be the most glaring deficiency

i really don't think we have really good talent on the O or the D lines.......getting better coaching should help, but a lot of the teams we play have much better line men all the way around.....any back can run through a hole as big as a truck......we need to concentrate on recruiting and developing linemen on both sides of the ball.....when you got "road graders" a lot of better running backs will come into your program, knowing they have a running start on the first couple yards!

Riley and his staff need to get out there when recruiting opens up again and hit it hard over the next month. We need to win some recruiting battles if we hope to be competitive with the big boys.

agree, osu, um and msu are all going to recruit ahead of us for now....

Because with (what we are now finding out was) the worst coaching mentality in history we were 5 points away from beating MSU, at their crib at night. And we beat UM in their crib last year.

We have the talent. We just need the coaching to get us over the hump.

One plus side down the road is that it appears that Mike Riley is a better recruiter than Bo dreamed of.

Actually, theres some really good young talent on both lines. Again. Its mental. And if these coaches live ip to the development hype, well then its what i said it wiuld be.

And dont forget, our Oline looke better last year at times whenwe spelled 3 of the starters. Sometimes its simply addition by subtraction.

it will 3 or 4 yrs until we riley,s recurits playing, so nu fans will have to be patient with the new coach...nu has trouble getting big name coaches, i am thinking they believe its hard to recruit for the progam in such an isolated area of the country........but who knows, maybe riley can turn it around, time will tell

"it will 3 or 4 yrs until we riley,s recurits playing" What? Do you not read what you have written before you hit the 'post' button?

"hard to recruit for the progam in such an isolated area of the country" Have you been to the Omaha/Lincoln area lately?

'Isolated' Omaha/Lincoln are located on the crossroads of two major Inter-state Highways and both have airports with Epply in line to be an

international airport.

I'm tired of the assumption that it is too hard to get good recruits to come to Nebraska. 35 years ago Turner Gill, Mike Rozier and Irving

Fryar came to Lincoln. 20 years ago Tommie Frazier and Lawrence Phillips came to Lincoln. 2 years later Scott Frost left Bill Walsh and

Stanford and came to Lincoln. The assumption is false and only lives on as an excuse for the poor coaching we have had since the year 2000.

T_O_B

My opinion: Concerning recruiting - with Harbaugh @ Mich, Franklin @ PSU and Urban @ OSU, the talent in Mich / Ohio / Penn & east coast the Huskers will be hard pressed to get top players. HOWEVER, out best players in recent years have come from other parts of the country... Texas (TA), Louisana (Pierson-El), Alabama (AA), Colorado (Bell).

It seems to me that Riley & staff won't be that affected by the increasing competition in the old traditional BIG states.

My opinion: Concerning recruiting - with Harbaugh @ Mich, Franklin @ PSU and Urban @ OSU, the talent in Mich / Ohio / Penn & east coast the Huskers will be hard pressed to get top players. HOWEVER, out best players in recent years have come from other parts of the country... Texas (TA), Louisana (Pierson-El), Alabama (AA), Colorado (Bell).

It seems to me that Riley & staff won't be that affected by the increasing competition in the old traditional BIG states.

...DPE is from VA

Two northern teams in the title game? No way. Recruiting and good coaching is the key.

Yes, two northern teams but one is still a coastal relatively warm weather school. The Midwestern schools in general still have a ton of work to do.

I think this is an example of how we will benefit from the playoff. If we were stuck in the old system, we would be stuck watching FSU and Alabama play for the championship due to media and poll voter bias thinking the SEC and FSU walk on water.

I live an hour south of Eugene. There is nothing coastal or warm about our weather :)

this isnt no rebuilding project. We have the talent already here to make a legit run at a conference title and in turn, the playoffs. Were sound coaching away. We got a highly expereinced staff in terms of developing talent and tailoring systems to fit that talent. We do not need to be patient for "his guys" to get in here. There will mot be some night and day massive overhaul of the offense. In fact id bet that to the casual non-Xs Os type fan, there wont be any glaring difference at all aside from bein under center here and there, huddles, and a handful of passes to the toght ends a game. Its nit gonna be a culture shock like going from option power to west coast was

Looking at the schedule next year i fully expect an 11-1 regular season. Serious. Its all mental. If he gets these guys to all turn the page and buy in that first week of spring ball, then the train will be rollin.

O-line will continue to be a problem at least next yr. and will be the most glaring deficiency

i really don't think we have really good talent on the O or the D lines.......getting better coaching should help, but a lot of the teams we play have much better line men all the way around.....any back can run through a hole as big as a truck......we need to concentrate on recruiting and developing linemen on both sides of the ball.....when you got "road graders" a lot of better running backs will come into your program, knowing they have a running start on the first couple yards!

We may not have the talent on the DL, but I watched most bowl games, and I did not see a single team with the DL standing at the LOS trying to control gaps. If Riley installs an attacking defense with an emphasis on stopping the run, the Huskers will improve significantly.

• Fire 1

This in NOT a rebuilding project!!! Riley needs to be competitive and win the games that matter. That is the bar SE set for him.

We may not have the talent on the DL, but I watched most bowl games, and I did not see a single team with the DL standing at the LOS trying to control gaps. If Riley installs an attacking defense with an emphasis on stopping the run, the Huskers will improve significantly.

not tons of depth on D line but we have talent. just need to see what the new coaches can do with it.