Staff hirings official

Riley Continues to Add to Nebraska Staff

Courtesy: NU Media Relations
01/07/2015
University of Nebraska Head Football Coach Mike Riley announced on Wednesday the addition of four assistant football coaches to the four full-time coaches announced in mid-December.

The new additions bring coaching experience from the Power Five conferences as well as the National Football League. The full-time assistant coaches officially announced on Wednesday include running backs coach Reggie Davis, defensive line coach Hank Hughes, offensive coordinator Danny Langsdorf and secondary coach Charlton Warren.

Riley had previously announced the hiring of four assistant coaches on Dec. 11, including defensive coordinator Mark Banker, linebackers coach Trent Bray, offensive line coach Mike Cavanaugh and special teams coordinator Bruce Read.

Including Riley, Nebraska’s staff has a combined 216 years of coaching experience, while boasting a combined 56 bowl game appearances and 38 years coaching in the professional ranks.

I want to preface this by saying that I have "moved on" from my disappointment with the entire process and am looking forward to seeing what this staff can do……………………..

with that said, yesterday on 1620, someone (radio host, can't remember who, but not "caller") pointed out that although this staff has a lot of experience, if you take a closer look, how many "championships" (ncaa or nfl ) can you see in the staff resume' ? They were concerned that these guys have coached a long time, with "moderate"success.

Remember, I am looking forward to seeing what happens….. just stating the thought that is already out there, according to local talk radio.

The above post was "food for thought"……...

Personally, I think a few of these hires could be HOME RUNS….. I think Langsdorf and Davis may be great hires. I am pumped to see what they can get done with the offense. Just add a good WR coach, and we are off…...

I want to preface this by saying that I have "moved on" from my disappointment with the entire process and am looking forward to seeing what this staff can do……………………..

with that said, yesterday on 1620, someone (radio host, can't remember who, but not "caller") pointed out that although this staff has a lot of experience, if you take a closer look, how many "championships" (ncaa or nfl ) can you see in the staff resume' ? They were concerned that these guys have coached a long time, with "moderate"success.

Remember, I am looking forward to seeing what happens….. just stating the thought that is already out there, according to local talk radio.

Not directing this at HANC, just at this idea in general:

All I'm saying is, where are all of these "championship-winning" head coaches/coordinators/position coaches that are leaving their jobs? Who COULD we have hired?

I want to preface this by saying that I have "moved on" from my disappointment with the entire process and am looking forward to seeing what this staff can do..

Remember, I am looking forward to seeing what happens.. just stating the thought that is already out there, according to local talk radio.

All I'm saying is, where are all of these "championship-winning" head coaches/coordinators/position coaches that are leaving their jobs? Who COULD we have hired?

Nick Saban as HC

Jesus as OC

Satan as DC

Odds of having a guy who won a championship at one school, particularly a P5 school, doing the same elsewhere is exceedingly rare.

Active coaches who have won a Conference championship at more than one P5 school, Nick Saban (LSU,Bama) Urban Meyer (Florida, OSU) and Steve Spurrier (Florida, Tied for one at Duke, though he has not managed that at USC) And there is absolutely no translation from G5 championship experience making P5 championships.

And in many cases a guy who has won a championship who gets fired and drops to a G5 can't manage to win one there either. Solich(won his div, but not the MAC), Coker, and Davis(P5 even) all come to mind

For the most part, a guy who has won championships and leaves for another job(sometimes with a trip to the NFL in between) doesnt manage to do so at the new job. Historically speaking you are better off getting someone who has not won one before he gets to your school.

I want to preface this by saying that I have "moved on" from my disappointment with the entire process and am looking forward to seeing what this staff can do..

Remember, I am looking forward to seeing what happens.. just stating the thought that is already out there, according to local talk radio.

Nick Saban as HC

Jesus as OC

Satan as DC

Yeah, Jesus with his Hail Mary offense!

:lol:

Nick Saban as HC

Jesus as OC

Satan as DC

Not sure those would be "splashy" enough for some hereabouts. I mean how many nattys have Jesus or Satan actually won? And where is their power 5 resume? Might have to wait a season or two before getting behind these guys because we lost SO much with Pelini's ouster.

Nick Saban as HC

Jesus as OC

Satan as DC

Not sure those would be "splashy" enough for some hereabouts. I mean how many nattys have Jesus or Satan actually won? And where is their power 5 resume? Might have to wait a season or two before getting behind these guys because we lost SO much with Pelini's ouster.

And without Moses at Center, is the O-line going to be any good at all?

Nick Saban as HC

Jesus as OC

Satan as DC

Moses really does play center for Nebraska by the way.

• Fire 1

Nick Saban as HC

Jesus as OC

Satan as DC

Moses really does play center for Nebraska by the way.

And they have not been very good without him

Nick Saban as HC

Jesus as OC

Satan as DC

This deal is falling apart already. Satan is reportedly insisting that Kiffen be retained as OC due to prior contractual agreements. Tensions could be due to Satan's sense of buyers remorse over what Saban passed off on him as being a "soul". In other news Ed Orgeron has tweeted out his interest in working with either Satan or Saban, whichever calls first.

I was going to say that Harbaugh doesn't even have any championships to show for but that wouldn't be completely true. At the University of San Diego he won two Pioneer Football League Championships (whatever that is) and of course won a NFC Championship at San Fran. On the flip side, Callahan was part of a Big ten Championship team at Wisconsin and has an AFC title at Oakland. I'm just saying... ;)

• Fire 1