Should Joe Paterno's vacated wins be reinstated?

NUance

33 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Ever since the NCAA punishment came down and Paterno was essentially forced into retirement, many groups of Penn State fans have pushed for his wins to be reinstated.

LINK

Apparently the ncaa is considering giving back Paterno the 111 vacated wins. This would make him the winningest coach in college football history. WTF? The guy ran the biggest coverup in the history of all sports, pro or amateur. And the ncaa wants to put him back on the pedestal of winningest college football coach? I got a problem with that. Personally, I think Paterno should've gone to jail for his role in shielding the child molester Jerry Sandusky from prosecution for so many years.

• Fire 5

I'd forgotten about this...What effect does vacated games (or not) have on OUR record? Or T.O.s?

Do they now all count as W's for us or not count as games played at all?

As for JoePa...I really don't care...Maybe it does some good to expose the scandal every time ¨Ẅinningest Coach¨ comes up?

Everyone should get their wins and titles back if they let PSU get theirs.

I think Reggie Bush's parents getting a house is a little less egregious than child rape.

I'd agree about it being WAY more Terrible...I can't believe Sandusky is still allowed to live....But I was surprised the wins were vacated..It's not like child molestation is going to attract recruits

I think Reggie Bush's parents getting a house is a little less egregious than child rape.

I'd agree about it being WAY more Terrible...I can't believe Sandusky is still allowed to live....But I was surprised the wins were vacated..It's not like child molestation is going to attract recruits

Vacating the wins was basically a way of saying all the good you did here is now erased because of the terrible acts you allowed to happen in your football facilities

As Bowden said after the wins were vacated "Everybody knows how many he won and how many I won".

The mans dead so its not like this will be a satisfying victory for him. He was fired amid a shameful coverup scandal regardless of his role, his wins were stripped away and he passed away soon after.

I know its not popular opinion but Paterno probably wasnt as guilty as he was made out to be. They made it sound like he knew about it and condoned it. I doubt he knew about it. And when it was brought to light he probably didnt want to believe it. Sandusky was a guy he had known personally for a really long time, Im sure he was in denial.

But none of that matters. He failed to react accordingly and thats what cost him his wins, his job, and ultimately his life. I truly believe coaching is what kept him going. But I also believe vacating a bunch of wins does much to help the victims at this point. The only thing that could do that is news of that monster Sandusky getting the proper prison treatment via large inmates.

I still think they NCAA should go back and award Ohio St a share of the 2012 National title, and Delaney should re-award the 2012 conference championship as well. Why not? That's what this backpeddling bullsh#t has come to.

The thing is, I'm on board for doing away with the scholarship reduction and post season ban. Those sanctions only hurt the student athletes (and fans). They are not culpable. But the 111 vacated wins is a bit more personal towards Paterno and his staff. So I'm in favor of Paterno's penalty remaining in force. It's too bad there isn't a way to penalize Paterno without also penalizing Penn State. Oh well. It is what it is.