Way Too Early 2015 Top 25 Poll

NU probably would have been 25th with Bo...you would think they would sneak in around 20th with Riley.

Let it go.

You don't think they will be better with Riley?
Yes, I do.

Me too, I think we know that if Bo was still the coach next year most people would fill out the ballot and stick NU at 25ish...I think with Riley as coach more of those voters will take a longer look at NU, see that the schedule sets up really well for them and that the new staff has many years of experience WITH a team that has a lot of starters back and I think most voters will stick them around 20.

Ameer and Gregory are gone, for many,that was the team.

If they beat BYU (they will) they'll be ranked.

USC is too high, otherwise, it's hard to argue.

That hype was starting before the bowl game against Nebraska.

They're talented, but they're losing a lot.

They also have seven-win-sark as HC.

Yeah, there are a lot of USC alums who are growing very weary of him, Haden as well.

I was surprised they hired him in the first place.

NU probably would have been 25th with Bo...you would think they would sneak in around 20th with Riley.

Let it go.

You don't think they will be better with Riley?
Yes, I do.
Me too, I think we know that if Bo was still the coach next year most people would fill out the ballot and stick NU at 25ish...I think with Riley as coach more of those voters will take a longer look at NU, see that the schedule sets up really well for them and that the new staff has many years of experience WITH a team that has a lot of starters back and I think most voters will stick them around 20.

Ameer and Gregory are gone, for many,that was the team.

If they beat BYU (they will) they'll be ranked.

I think we'll squeak in, even if it's #25. A ranked Nebraska sells newspapers.

USC is too high, otherwise, it's hard to argue.

That hype was starting before the bowl game against Nebraska.

They're talented, but they're losing a lot.

They also have seven-win-sark as HC.

Yeah, there are a lot of USC alums who are growing very weary of him, Haden as well.

I was surprised they hired him in the first place.

USC is a classic example on why you don't automatically hire "in house". Osborne certainly had his faults as an ad, but Haden has all the untouchable qualities Osborne has and his two marquee hires are Sark and Andy Enfield. Ouch.

And his predecessor, another alum hire in. Mike Garrett, was worse.

why on earth would Nebraska be ranked next year? so many question marks! Our new coach has never won any championship of any kind and he's now gonna be facing more pressure in a tougher conference than the one he just left.. it's laughable really..

All tough games at home

Lots of returning starters

Experience Staff that knows how to develop players

Some guy at USAToday has us #25.

25. Nebraska (9-4)

Why No. 25? Because there's enough talent to make first-year coach Mike Riley's debut a fairly successful one. Add to that a kind schedule: Nebraska draws Brigham Young, Wisconsin, Michigan State and Iowa at home, though the Cornhuskers do take a nonconference trip to Miami (Fla.) to take on the Hurricanes. In another year, perhaps, Nebraska would be a valid dark-horse contender coming out of the Big Ten. But even with assets in their corner, the Cornhuskers will hit a bit of a learning curve under the new staff.

a learning curve is infinitely better than the flat line we've experienced the last few years. the fact that there is actually a curve should get us 1 more win.

The USC thing is a god damn joke. I dont care how talented they are and who's coming back and this and that. All they did during the Holiday Bowl was preach and preach about USC being so elite next year. If that's so, what does that say about Nebraska? Seriously. Right there with them every step of the way. In position to beat them. If you use this season as a gauge for next season, Nebraska should have jsut as legit a shot. You can claim talent all you want, but hte game has to be played on the field. And again, the preseason rankings doing everything they can to screw up college football.

Except for the fact we will be a completely different team next season.
For the better or for the worse?

Dont give me the "we're losing this guy and that", cuz so is USC. The question remains. If USC is a legit playoff contender next year, then WHAT DOES THAT SAY ABOUT NEBRASKA? They squeeked by a mentally fragile team guided by an interim, skeletal coaching staff in a time of dissarray. I would say that Nebraska wasnt even close to stable, yet.....

So no, Nebraska isnt a legit top ten team for next year. Which means that neither is USC. What's the basis?

USC had 51 scholarship players. Yes, we competed with them, but the ranking is perceived by the improved depth USC will enjoy next season.

I do think their ranking was too high though.

The USC thing is a god damn joke. I dont care how talented they are and who's coming back and this and that. All they did during the Holiday Bowl was preach and preach about USC being so elite next year. If that's so, what does that say about Nebraska? Seriously. Right there with them every step of the way. In position to beat them. If you use this season as a gauge for next season, Nebraska should have jsut as legit a shot. You can claim talent all you want, but hte game has to be played on the field. And again, the preseason rankings doing everything they can to screw up college football.

Except for the fact we will be a completely different team next season.

For the better or for the worse?

Dont give me the "we're losing this guy and that", cuz so is USC. The question remains. If USC is a legit playoff contender next year, then WHAT DOES THAT SAY ABOUT NEBRASKA? They squeeked by a mentally fragile team guided by an interim, skeletal coaching staff in a time of dissarray. I would say that Nebraska wasnt even close to stable, yet.....

So no, Nebraska isnt a legit top ten team for next year. Which means that neither is USC. What's the basis?

USC had 51 scholarship players. Yes, we competed with them, but the ranking is perceived by the improved depth USC will enjoy next season.

I do think their ranking was too high though.

way to high. i could see in a 15-20 range. But to think theyre a top 5 team TO START next season is absurd.