8 team playoff in the future?

Redux

How do you get away with this though? I mean asking these athletes to play all these extra games only jeopardizes the futures of the ones that have a shot to play in the NFL.

It's 1 extra game for 2 teams and 2 extra games for 2 other teams. It's more exposure for those players than anyone else is getting.

How do you get away with this though? I mean asking these athletes to play all these extra games only jeopardizes the futures of the ones that have a shot to play in the NFL.

This isnt an issue in every other division of football. FCS does 16 or 20 teams if Im not mistaken.

If it came down to it we could go back to shortening the regular season to 11 games which nobody would be in favor of. Or you consider benching starters to save them for playoffs which I alluded to above. This is why I like the 4 team playoff right now. It only added 1 more game for 2 teams. If we went to 8 it gets trickier but still do able if thought out right.

I'd say Baylor losing to West Virginia is a worse loss than TCU losing to Baylor. TCU's non-conference schedule was better as well. Baylor seems to have a poor track record in the postseason, upset by UCF, MSU, and that track meet with Northwestern? hideous defense. Evidently they see no reason to beef up their non-conference schedule as they have a Bill Snyder approved Incarnate Word football team in 2019, along with Liberty, UTSA, and Rice among others along the way.

You couldn't really argue if TCU had been picked over Ohio State.

That means the #5 team could well have been the best team.

I also think this Nebraska team could have gone out there and lost to Ohio State 42 - 20, an to Oregon 59 - 20, so hey, we're right up there with Florida State and uhm....Oregon. Right?

So you'll always have healthy arguments, which is fine.

I'm good with the four team playoff. Keeps a little more integrity to the 12 game regular season, which is what makes college football unique.

I'm still not convinced Bo Pelini's team beats Minnesota 7 times out of 10.

That's fair.

I think Minnesota beats Florida St on a neutral field 7-9 times out of 10.

yes. I'm serious. Never impressed with Florida St this year. They didnt deserve to be in the playoffs over TCU and/or Baylor just becuase they were unbeaten, defending champs. And it showed. Aside from Florida St, and I guess, you could MAYBE put clemson in there, the ACC is far worse than the Big ten. It's the former Big East-like. And my judgement is not based on a struggle here and there (Miami, Louisville, NC St) against sub-par teams. It was week in week out. And just when they were somewhat fortunate to eek out a win against the almighty Notre dame, well, the weeks following removed all justification from that win. I watch the games and see pretty clearly, that frankly in my opinion, Florida St isnt even a top 10 team. I think any team in the top 10 to end the year could thump them guys by 20+ points more times than not. When their performance is sloppy and inconsistent and subpar week after week after week, it's time to say that that's just who they are. And up against an elite Oregon, it was disasterously exposed.

I think Florida St goes 8-4/9-3 in the Big Ten, and 6-6/7-5 in the SEC or Pac12

TCU was a better team, and watching the games, one of the four best in the country.

Really? Because TCU's own conference didn't think so.

9 CONFERENCE GAMES

ROUND ROBIN SCHEDULE

ONE. TRUE. CHAMPION!!!!

(6 months later)

Here they are, your Co-Champions of the Big 12 TCU and Baylor! Even though they played eachother and settled it on the field our dumbass conference standings say they are both winners! And Texas gets a bigger trophy for simply participating, go Longhorns!

TCU was a better team, and watching the games, one of the four best in the country.

9 CONFERENCE GAMES

ROUND ROBIN SCHEDULE

ONE. TRUE. CHAMPION!!!!

(6 months later)

Here they are, your Co-Champions of the Big 12 TCU and Baylor! Even though they played eachother and settled it on the field our dumbass conference standings say they are both winners! And Texas gets a bigger trophy for simply participating, go Longhorns!

Yup. This is why any pro-TCU argument ultimately is a waste of time and falls flat on its face.

After what happened this year, I'd be shocked if we don't hear rumblings of expansion to 12 by the Big XII here soon. Hell, maybe our game with BYU will be a Power 5 Non-Con game.

9 CONFERENCE GAMES

ROUND ROBIN SCHEDULE

ONE. TRUE. CHAMPION!!!!

(6 months later)

Yup. This is why any pro-TCU argument ultimately is a waste of time and falls flat on its face.

After what happened this year, I'd be shocked if we don't hear rumblings of expansion to 12 by the Big XII here soon. Hell, maybe our game with BYU will be a Power 5 Non-Con game.

If BYU is still interested they would be foolish not to snatch them up. Maybe Boise State to even it out.