Joe Ganz on OWH The Bottom Line today

I have season tickets and live in Oklahoma City. Its a 6 1/2 hr drive and if the game is a night game, my weekend is shot. For driving wise, I would rather have an 11am game so I can atleast have Sunday to enjoy.

But back on topic, I wish Joe would have talked about Stanton and why he wasn't seeing any playing time last year.

I would say that Stanton didn't get much PT because he was 3rd on the depth chart.

I understand he was third, but why is he 3rd? Mental? Not knowing the play book? etc?

For someone that was ranked high in the camps and then to be lower then the walk-on, there has to be something going on with him.

No there doesn't.

So your saying that Stanton having nothing at all wrong with him is worse then Fyfe having mental problems from the meeting room to the practice field. Gotcha :thumbs

No.

I have season tickets and live in Oklahoma City. Its a 6 1/2 hr drive and if the game is a night game, my weekend is shot. For driving wise, I would rather have an 11am game so I can atleast have Sunday to enjoy.

But back on topic, I wish Joe would have talked about Stanton and why he wasn't seeing any playing time last year.

I would say that Stanton didn't get much PT because he was 3rd on the depth chart.

I understand he was third, but why is he 3rd? Mental? Not knowing the play book? etc?

For someone that was ranked high in the camps and then to be lower then the walk-on, there has to be something going on with him.

My theory is that the coaching staff did not want any extra pressure to deal with if Stanton was named the backup. I think they would have stayed with TA no matter how bad he could have struggled with consistency, and BP did not want to address any questions about the backup QB. Nobody in media is calling for Fyfe when Armstrong struggles. So I think it came down to Fyfe practicing admirably as a walk on, there wasn't clear separation in practice between him & Stanton - the high profile recruit, and Bo wanted to avoid talking about quarterbacks.

Just my thoughts on the situation.

• Fire 2

Those maps pretty much sums up everything that needs to be pointed out to Soup. However, doubt if he sees it.

No I see it, and this shows exactly what I've been saying. There is talent everywhere. We can get it close, and we can get from far away. Why limit ourselves to the 500 mile radius? You expand that circle by just 200 miles. Hundreds of recruits come into play. But everyone says we can't compete with anyone, so let's stay in our little corner and sob, because we don't have enough recruits to pick from. Nebraska is a blueblood program. There should be no reason Auburn or Florida St. is anywhere close to Kansas and Oklahoma. But we sure as hell better be in Florida and Alabama trying to poach some of their recruits, because in the grand scheme of things Nebraska is a greater program than either of those two. (maybe not for the past 5-10 years, but we have a hell of a lot more to offer than either of those programs, if someone would just try and sell it)

Nebraska USED to command the respect that Alabama did on the recruiting trail (did you notice how many Alabama stickers are spread all over the USA?), now the fan mentality is just sad. We can't compete, it takes to much effort to fly kids in. What about their poor parents coming to see them play? Can't bring kids in on gameday because it interferes with someone watching cartoons on Saturday morning.

Why stop at 700? I hear Europe has some pretty good football players.

Why start at 500? It's much easier to drive a 1 hour than 6. Nice strawman though.

Well because, generally speaking, 500 miles is usually the point at which it is a reasonable drive for a weekend trip. Why are you a fan of Nebraska? Does it have anything to do with the proximity of the school?

As someone who has driven numerous times from Denver to Omaha, that is about as far as anyone really wants to drive, and that last 2 hours is a total beating. Driving from Denver to Hastings (where my in-laws are) is much more manageable, but it isn't exactly fun.
Is a trip that ends in Hastings ever really fun? I grew up in old H-town:)
  • Fire 1

Those maps pretty much sums up everything that needs to be pointed out to Soup. However, doubt if he sees it.

No I see it, and this shows exactly what I've been saying. There is talent everywhere. We can get it close, and we can get from far away. Why limit ourselves to the 500 mile radius? You expand that circle by just 200 miles. Hundreds of recruits come into play. But everyone says we can't compete with anyone, so let's stay in our little corner and sob, because we don't have enough recruits to pick from. Nebraska is a blueblood program. There should be no reason Auburn or Florida St. is anywhere close to Kansas and Oklahoma. But we sure as hell better be in Florida and Alabama trying to poach some of their recruits, because in the grand scheme of things Nebraska is a greater program than either of those two. (maybe not for the past 5-10 years, but we have a hell of a lot more to offer than either of those programs, if someone would just try and sell it)

Nebraska USED to command the respect that Alabama did on the recruiting trail (did you notice how many Alabama stickers are spread all over the USA?), now the fan mentality is just sad. We can't compete, it takes to much effort to fly kids in. What about their poor parents coming to see them play? Can't bring kids in on gameday because it interferes with someone watching cartoons on Saturday morning.

Why stop at 700? I hear Europe has some pretty good football players.
Why start at 500? It's much easier to drive a 1 hour than 6. Nice strawman though.
Well because, generally speaking, 500 miles is usually the point at which it is a reasonable drive for a weekend trip. Why are you a fan of Nebraska? Does it have anything to do with the proximity of the school?
As someone who has driven numerous times from Denver to Omaha, that is about as far as anyone really wants to drive, and that last 2 hours is a total beating. Driving from Denver to Hastings (where my in-laws are) is much more manageable, but it isn't exactly fun.
Is a trip that ends in Hastings ever really fun? I grew up in old H-town:)
theres much worse out there im sure

If we had seen more out of Fyfe I would understand Stanton's relegation more. As it stands, we all know nothing, of course, but it's a little odd. Maybe he really was so far behind. Redshirt freshman after all.

We do kind of "know" something. Not we personally, but there were multiple radio and media personalities who watched practice and said Stanton had a long ways to go. They said it wasn't eve close really. Armstrong, Fyfe, then Stanton.

Of course, if Riley and Langsdorf come in and evaluate Stanton as the better guy for the job, or Fyfe or Armstorong, I'm gonna be on board till' I see enough to think otherwise. I like Stantons throwing ability actually. I thought he had some nice throws in that spring game for sure. I know, I know, spring game.......still, he demonstrated some nice touch on the ball.

I trust this next staff as better talent evaluators, so we will surely see. Not soon enough, but we shall see.

If we had seen more out of Fyfe I would understand Stanton's relegation more. As it stands, we all know nothing, of course, but it's a little odd. Maybe he really was so far behind. Redshirt freshman after all.

We do kind of "know" something. Not we personally, but there were multiple radio and media personalities who watched practice and said Stanton had a long ways to go. They said it wasn't eve close really. Armstrong, Fyfe, then Stanton.

Of course, if Riley and Langsdorf come in and evaluate Stanton as the better guy for the job, or Fyfe or Armstorong, I'm gonna be on board till' I see enough to think otherwise. I like Stantons throwing ability actually. I thought he had some nice throws in that spring game for sure. I know, I know, spring game.......still, he demonstrated some nice touch on the ball.

I trust this next staff as better talent evaluators, so we will surely see. Not soon enough, but we shall see.

Thank you. This is a much better answer then the "No there doesn't" answer I received.

• Fire 1