Petteway's Play This Year

Mavric

I've said this too many times to count. His inability to stay on the court because his propensity for stupid lazy fouls will always hurt his team. Usually they aren't hustle fouls or aggressive defense fouls. They are floater reach in fouls or trying to block shots. He needs to know his offensively challenged team needs him in the game more for offense than on the off chance one of these risks on the defensive side of the ball would pay.

He's the basketball version of Taylor Martinez. Lots of numbers. Lots of flash. Carries the team. The team goes as he goes. But for every 3 things he does that makes you go "wow", he has that one thing he does that makes you go

incredulous.gif

Count, I have made the TP-TMart comparison myself. When those guys are/were playing well, they could carry a team by themselves. But, they can kill NU's chances to win the game with bonehead plays/decisions.

I've said this too many times to count. His inability to stay on the court because his propensity for stupid lazy fouls will always hurt his team. Usually they aren't hustle fouls or aggressive defense fouls. They are floater reach in fouls or trying to block shots. He needs to know his offensively challenged team needs him in the game more for offense than on the off chance one of these risks on the defensive side of the ball would pay.

And right on cue, he's on the bench with 2 fouls and 11mins left in the first half. His second foul was a boneheaded reach in. It's almost like he reads my posts and plays to the script.

Such a lazy selfish player.

He literally doesn't move without the ball. If he doesn't have the ball he is standing there just watching.

In his defense, no one one our team does. We literally do not run an offense. Two guys pick-and-roll and the other three stand and watch. So he's probably doing what he's supposed to.

He literally doesn't move without the ball. If he doesn't have the ball he is standing there just watching.

In his defense, no one one our team does. We literally do not run an offense. Two guys pick-and-roll and the other three stand and watch. So he's probably doing what he's supposed to.

I'll bite and disagree. Watch Shields against any zone. He gets it. Works the top of the key and creases in the zone as good as anyone I've seen in a while. Unfortunately finding an able passer to get him the ball is far to be found on the court with him usually.

TP should take notes watching Shields working against a zone.

Whens the last time any of you saw a 131 zone be that effective at the college level?

If I'm not mistaken, I think Baylor ran that against is last year in the tournament and we struggled with it then too.

Baylor did run it last year. West Virginia under Beileim was dominant with their 131. Bob Huggins runs it at wvu now, but was really dominant with it at Cincy and even at Ksu. Pitino will run it a lot at Louisville now daysas well

I'll bite and disagree. Watch Shields against any zone. He gets it. Works the top of the key and creases in the zone as good as anyone I've seen in a while. Unfortunately finding an able passer to get him the ball is far to be found on the court with him usually.

I didn't get to watch the game tonight so it may have been somewhat different. And you can't really pick-and-roll against a zone so perhaps we did something different tonight. Or perhaps Shields is just a pretty complete player so he does some things on his own where almost everyone else doesn't.

I didn't get to watch the game tonight so it may have been somewhat different. And you can't really pick-and-roll against a zone so perhaps we did something different tonight. Or perhaps Shields is just a pretty complete player so he does some things on his own where almost everyone else doesn't.

It was the same junk as usual. Two man game with TO at the top of the key, etc. But Shields had always worked the free throw line against the zone. And that's when he was at his best tonight. Shooting that little 15 footer or a pump fake and attacking the rim.

Bell, Enumwa, Reed, Helu, Rex, Ameer. Yet he had as many carries as our NFL caliber backs. It was about T-magic being a ball hog.

There are quite few games we might not hit 30 points if it's not for petteway. He does some bone head things, but the guy has 1st round abilities. Taylor did not have practice squad abilities.

Y'all are full of sh*t.