Does the Pelini Era cast the Callahan Era in a different light?

knapplc

At this point it doesn't matter. Both were wrong fits for our program. Time to move on.

You're right MLB. It doesn't matter. It's over and I'm going to try to let go. I need to.

Fact is, I think Riley and his staff is going to end up being the best thing for this program in the long run. Hell, it might not take long at all honestly. These guys already got the positive vibes pumping through this program again. When they start winning games, doing it the right way, and putting a team on the field that plays with pride and passion, there's no way Husker nation won't be unified again. I'm just ready to watch some good football..........in 8 months.......

• Fire 1

just for perspective on the record argument, bo's 2014 team is mince meat against callahan's 2007 schedule. even if 2014 was preseason SOS 18th (lulz!).

Eh, maybe, maybe not. Depends on if you're talking Bo coaching the same players in 2007 or the 2014 (or whichever year) team against that schedule.

I don't know what was that much tougher about the 2007 schedule. The best teams on the schedule were tougher but the '07 Huskers were blown out by 7-6 Oklahoma State, blown out by 7-6 Texas A&M, and were embarrassed by 6-7 Colorado. Not sure that translates into anything. Their five wins were Nevada, Wake Forest (barely), Ball State (by ONE POINT!), 3-9 Iowa State and 5-7 KState. USC, Kansas, Texas and Missouri were likely losses but I don't know how you can say we'd have done as bad against the other three losses, especially when those are the types of offenses Bo's defense does well against.

• Fire 1

Jesus. History made here today. True goes on emotional heated rant that makes sense. I solute you sir.

I've had some emotional heated rants here before. This wasn't one of them. I'm hardly rational or logical when I'm pissed off.

no sh#t.

But for real, this seemed like one of em. Then it made sense. We call that progress son. Im proud of you.

Jesus. History made here today. True goes on emotional heated rant that makes sense. I solute you sir.

I've had some emotional heated rants here before. This wasn't one of them. I'm hardly rational or logical when I'm pissed off.

no sh#t.

But for real, this seemed like one of em. Then it made sense. We call that progress son. Im proud of you.

No son.......I'm proud of you.

no sh#t.

No son.......I'm proud of you.

dont call me son. I am a lawyer and an officer in the united states navy. And youre under arrest you son of a bitch.
  • Fire 1

I still like Callahan. Yes he made mistakes and yes he deserved to get fired for his win/loss record. I don't even hold his f'ing hillbilly comment against him. Callahan is not a good head coach or even a good offensive coordinator imo but he is a fantastic offensive line coach. When Callahan left, he did so with class and never bad mouthed the University or the fans that I know of.

I never wanted Bo hired as Callahan's replacement. I saw (and remembered) the embarrassing losses in 2003 when he was Solich's defensive coordinator. I never bought into the hype that he was some defensive guru. It seemed that Bo never really wanted to be here as our head coach, he never truly embraced the culture and fans. And when he left, well....we just wish he had left with the same class that Callahan left with.

In the end though, neither man is capable of leading a team to greatness in the college game unless they do some serious self evaluation and make changes so they can succeed.

• Fire 2