Does the Pelini Era cast the Callahan Era in a different light?

knapplc

That was absolutely awesome Chamberlain. Well done.

Thanks, Count, but I'm still not seeking a +1 in my Reputation Points.

I apologize. As someone who's all about the numbers myself, I have no idea how it slipped through the cracks.

What's weird is how we used to disagree all the time about Beck and his playcalling and the actual caliber of our offense and how that perspective changes with a fire(Bo) and a hire(Beck to Ohio St)

Clownahan's biggest mistake was taking the Nebraska job. It was an extremely poor fit from the word go. One really didn't have to look any further than the 2004 game against Texas Tech to know this just wasn't going to work out. The Clownahan era was just a mistake.

The BP era wasn't a mistake. It ended horribly, but it wasn't a mistake.

Yes it was, it was Tom making the same mistake that he did with Frank a second time. Bo was never qualified to be the HC at Nebraska, but Tom wanted to be cheap and find someone who would keep his/Frank's assistants. No coach in thier right mind would keep most of those guys when they were not allowed to hire thier own assistant coaches.

No. No. No. A thousand million times no. As someone who had to suffer at unv, under those years, no. I would take a Wisconsin beating yearly then one more year under old blue eyes. (answer to OP)

X 2 It has a lot of truth to it about both HC's. I would only add that there were a lot of fans that saw through Bo's crap after the 2010 fiasco and were taunted for not being a "Boliever." This was totally ridiculous, as now finally the sheep have finally seen the light

Thanks, Count, but I'm still not seeking a +1 in my Reputation Points.

I apologize. As someone who's all about the numbers myself, I have no idea how it slipped through the cracks.

What's weird is how we used to disagree all the time about Beck and his playcalling and the actual caliber of our offense and how that perspective changes with a fire(Bo) and a hire(Beck to Ohio St)

You have always remained a thoughtful and reasonable poster.

X 2 It has a lot of truth to it about both HC's. I would only add that there were a lot of fans that saw through Bo's crap after the 2010 fiasco and were taunted for not being a "Boliever." This was totally ridiculous, as now finally the sheep have finally seen the light[/size]

seeing the light. Lol. Thats funny. AFHusker 2010 and his crystal ball that no one wanted to believe.....
  • Fire 1

I know this is a strong Anit-Bo thread now.

But do I think of the Callahan era less negatively because Bo is a dick? No.

Listen, Bo is a dick. No question. He deserved to be let go, he was far from right for this program. I was behind the dude too. Not because of any allegiance to him, but because I get behind anyone wearing the N. The same way I was behind Callahan, and the same way I will be behind Riley. Riley makes it a little easier though. But I am the type of person who would complain the most about my mother, but would fight ya if you said anything negative about her...

I have a lot of fond memories during the Bo era. Hail Mary. The comebacks of 2012. 2008 Colorado and Henery's kick. Ameer's game winning TDs. 2009 Holiday Bowl. Jack's TD run. Just to name a few.

Those to me are more important than "Bo the dick". Callahan didn't have too many signature moments for me. Last second win against A&M. The INT against Texas Tech (the 2 seconds atleast before the fumble).

• Fire 1

X 2 It has a lot of truth to it about both HC's. I would only add that there were a lot of fans that saw through Bo's crap after the 2010 fiasco and were taunted for not being a "Boliever." This was totally ridiculous, as now finally the sheep have finally seen the light

Somebody's got a messiah complex.

• Fire 1

X 2 It has a lot of truth to it about both HC's. I would only add that there were a lot of fans that saw through Bo's crap after the 2010 fiasco and were taunted for not being a "Boliever." This was totally ridiculous, as now finally the sheep have finally seen the light[/size]

address the post, not the poster.

Nah, it was as close as I will get to say that I told you so. It just got tiring hearing all of the Boexcuses and Bill being blamed for everything that was wrong with the program. He is far from blameless, but he isn't the devil that he was made to be by the fan base. If anything, I strongly believe that Frank gets too much of a pass because he spent 35 years here. IMO that makes what he did to the program even worse because he knew the culture, let it deteriorate under his watch and left the program in shambles. Bill was an outsider that was never a good fit, but wasn't also given the chances that both Frank and Bo got to fix things.It has been discussed to death as to why Bo failed. He has nobody to blame but himself, he had the entire fanbase behind him until 2010 when he started to lose the big games. What would be interesting, is if they didn't put the one second back on the clock in 2009, how that would have affected his perception as he would have been the first to win a Conference Championship without Tom's players.

seeing the light. Lol. Thats funny. AFHusker 2010 and his crystal ball that no one wanted to believe.....

It wasn't that hard to see, I was far from the only one who gave up on him after that year. I mean how hard is it to see that after three years our offense would be what it was under Bo, an inconsistent turnover machine. And his defenses get torn up by motion, aka the jet sweep. And he was too stubborn to change his game plan, which lead to more butt kicking’s and a defense that made Cozgrove look competent. Bo was lucky that we moved to the Big 10, because he wouldn't have had as many easy games to pad his record in the Big 12

It wasn't that hard to see, I was far from the only one who gave up on him after that year. I mean how hard is it to see that after three years our offense would be what it was under Bo, an inconsistent turnover machine. And his defenses get torn up by motion, aka the jet sweep. And he was too stubborn to change his game plan, which lead to more butt kicking’s and a defense that made Cozgrove look competent. Bo was lucky that we moved to the Big 10, because he wouldn't have had as many easy games to pad his record in the Big 12

We ran a completley different offense in 2011 vs 2010, and nobody on our schedule (except maybe Okie state) even used a jet sweep package. We were 3 points from a conference championship with 3 hobbled QB's. It was 2011 against Wisconsin when the wheels started coming off.

We ran a completley different offense in 2011 vs 2010, and nobody on our schedule (except maybe Okie state) even used a jet sweep package. We were 3 points from a conference championship with 3 hobbled QB's. It was 2011 against Wisconsin when the wheels started coming off.

There are different ways to use motion offense, the Jet Sweep is the most popular right now because Wisky has killed us two times in a row with it. What I was talking about was losing to a really bad UT team at home, choking to OU in the CCG, and then getting dominated by a very bad Husky team in the Bowl Game. It is nice that you bring up a hobbled QB, his stubborness cost NU once again as he had Zac Lee sitting on the bench. You can't tell me that TMart without his ability to run is better than Lee was healthy.