********OFFICIAL PGA Tour Discussion Thread ********

Rory McIlroy’s throws 3-iron into water

Trump Returns 3-Iron McIlroy Tossed In Pond
DORAL, Fla. -- Rory McIlroy got his 3-iron back Sunday afternoon, courtesy of Doral owner Donald Trump. And he used it to hit another shot in the water, then feigned throwing the club in after it.

Donald Trump. Getting a little bit more publicity out of Rory's thrown club. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

That was nuts, NUance. Especially when you consider the two identical hole-in-ones within the final three groups at Doral.

Ha ha! Yeah. These guys make once-in-a-lifetime-events a weekly occurrence. Really, an albatross is probably more rare than once in a lifetime.

The Valero Tejas Open ate most PGA golfers alive on Thursday morning. (Due to high winds. The Valero has been kind of hard on clubs too.

First, Phil Mickelson snaps the head of his club in a sand trap: LINK

And then this from Troy Merritt:
CBEBsxXVEAAD9n9.jpg

Troy Merritt smashes the face of his 2 iron. LINK

=================================

The clubhead speed these guys get is absolutely unreal. A normal human being just couldn't do something like this. :lol:

I participate in a Masters pool with 8 people. We have a draft where we draft the entire field to make up your team (the top 3 on your team make up your score). Where would you draft Tiger this year? I am thinking I wouldn't take him anywhere in the first round (top 8 picks), not early in second round (picks 9-12), but perhaps late in second round or later.

PGA Tour players poll reveals nobody likes Bubba Watson
By Brendan Porath  @BrendanPorath on Apr 6, 2015, 9:04a

When 103 PGA Tour players were asked who, from their peers, they wouldn't help in a hypothetical parking lot fist fight, Bubba Watson was the runaway winner.

LINK

He might be more popular if he sucked at golf. :lol:

I participate in a Masters pool with 8 people. We have a draft where we draft the entire field to make up your team (the top 3 on your team make up your score). Where would you draft Tiger this year? I am thinking I wouldn't take him anywhere in the first round (top 8 picks), not early in second round (picks 9-12), but perhaps late in second round or later.

Let someone else take Tiger. It will likely be a wasted pick. Also, I would not take Rory #1. I'd take Bubba over Rory. /jmho

A guy who is sort of underrated right now is Henrik Stenson. He might be good at the #10 spot or so.