********OFFICIAL PGA Tour Discussion Thread ********

I see UNL grad Scott Gutschewski is playing in the Wells Fargo this week. Haven't seen much of him the past couple of years. I always root for him when he's playing though. The guy can hit it a country mile.

I see UNL grad Scott Gutschewski is playing in the Wells Fargo this week. Haven't seen much of him the past couple of years. I always root for him when he's playing though. The guy can hit it a country mile.

Looks like he Monday qualified. I am not sure what tour he has been playing the past few years. A PGA tour card is generally great money, and the pros can make a good living on the Web.com tour. But, anything below the Web.com tour would be a rough way to make a living.

Looks like he Monday qualified. I am not sure what tour he has been playing the past few years. A PGA tour card is generally great money, and the pros can make a good living on the Web.com tour. But, anything below the Web.com tour would be a rough way to make a living.

Gutschewski got a hot hand today! Sitting at 4 under in 12th place right now. Still got two holes to play. This could be the start of something big for him if he stays hot for a while. :thumbs:

Right now he's got a two foot putt for a birdie on #8. (He started on teh back nine this morning.)

• 2 weeks later...
Bookmakers set odds on Tiger's next GF
By Jason Crook May 5, 2015, 4:31 pm

Cameron Diaz 16-1

Jenna Jameson 20-1

Lindsey Lohan 25-1

Emily Ratajkowski 25-1

Danica Patrick 33-1

<snip>

Paris Hilton 50-1

Britney Spears 50-1

Pamela Anderson 50-1

Pippa Middleton 100-1

LINK

I'm going with that Perkins waitress at 30-1. :lol:

Jack Nicklaus used the same 3-wood for all 18 major wins
By Ryan Ballengee 10 hours ago
Nicklaus used a 1958 MacGregor 693 3-wood to win all of his major championships and 73 PGA Tour titles. He stopped using it in 1995. It's now on display in the new Jack Nicklaus Room at the USGA's museum at its Far Hills, N.J. headquarters.

That's remarkable. Same 3-wood in all his professional tournaments.

• Fire 1

They had so much rain at the Byron Nelson that they couldn't use the fairway of hole 14. So they turned the 406-yard par-4 14th hole into a 104-yard par-3 due to an unplayable fairway. Never seen that before. LINK

What in the heck happened to Tiger? He was sitting in the fairway of in the watter on 18 after two shots, 29 yards from the hole. Ended up with a snowman. LINK

Ouch! :lol:

Edit: I was going by the shot tracker on pgatour.com. I looked like Tiger was in the fairway after two shots. But he actually dumped it in the water. Here's the video of his career low round. LINK

Strokes Gained-Putting

The statistic is computed by calculating the average number of putts a PGA TOUR player is expected to take from every distance, based on ShotLink® data from the previous season. The actual number of putts taken by a player is subtracted from this average value to determine strokes gained or lost. For example, the average number of putts used to hole out from 7 feet 10 inches is 1.5. If a player one-putts from this distance, he gains 0.5 strokes. If he two-putts, he loses 0.5 strokes. If he three-putts, he loses 1.5 strokes.

LINK

I was wondering how they came up with this stat. So I looked it up. Still, a player's iron play would affect their stokes gained putting. Not all 10 putts are the same.