********OFFICIAL PGA Tour Discussion Thread ********

Everyone in Tiger's group had awful rounds.

Oosthuizen: 77 (+7)

Woods: 80 (+10)

Fowler: 81 (+11)

Yikes.

A little of that was due to the greens getting worse late in the day. Most the low numbers came from early tee times.

=======================================

As for Tiger, it seems like he's just lost it. Shocking how fast that he's fallen. Almost like David Duval. He was the best golfer on the planet one year. A year later he couldn't make a cut. Oh well. :shrug:

As a Dustin Johnson fan, that was devastating. I don't know if many Tour professionals could bounce back from that, but he has shown the ability. His ballstriking is so good, he has to get one soon.

I thought playoff is the same day (pending on darkness). Now tomorrow accorded to FOX commentator (Monday). Changed rules?

I thought playoff is the same day (pending on darkness). Now tomorrow accorded to FOX commentator (Monday). Changed rules?

US Open tie-breaker is an 18-hole playoff the following day.

In 2008, after Tiger hit that right-to-left slider at Torrey, he had to come back the following day and play Rocco Mediate one-on-one. It actually took an extra hole on Monday before Tiger won.

All of the majors used to use the same format. It has changed recently. Now, each major has a different format:

• Masters: sudden-death.
  • US Open: 18 holes.
  • Open Championship: 4-hole aggregate.
  • PGA: 3-hole aggregate.

US Open tie-breaker is an 18-hole playoff the following day.

In 2008, after Tiger hit that right-to-left slider at Torrey, he had to come back the following day and play Rocco Mediate one-on-one. It actually took an extra hole on Monday before Tiger won.

All of the majors used to use the same format. It has changed recently. Now, each major has a different format:

• Masters: sudden-death.
  • US Open: 18 holes.
  • Open Championship: 4-hole aggregate.
  • PGA: 3-hole aggregate.

Yeah, I watched it. And John Daly beat Rocca in British Open. Again the same playoff day (probably wrong). I forgot what hole ... almost sure not 18th.

EDIT: Open Championship: 4-hole aggregate

Wow, I wonder how bad that is. That could be a bad injury for a golfer.

Especially on the left ankle!

I have my doubts whether this was caused in a "soccer kickabout." I'd guess it was from his training regimen and doesn't want backlash associated with disclosing that, a la Tiger.

Jordan Spieth is playing a small event in Illinois 4 days before
the British Open, and it has the golf world in a tizzy
Business Insider By Tony Manfred 18 hours ago
The John Deere Classic has sentimental value for Jordan Spieth. In 2012 the tournament let Spieth, then a 18-year-old amateur, into the field on an exemption. A year later he won the whole thing, becoming the youngest PGA tournament champion in 82 years. Going into next week's British Open at St. Andrews, Spieth has a chance to become the first player to win the year's first three majors since 1953.
But rather than heading to Scotland early to get a feel for the course — as top players typically do — he decided to go to Illinois and stand by his long-standing commitment to play this year's John Deere.

LINK

Huh? The guy is just showing some loyalty to the tourney that gave him his first break. Props to Spieth, if you ask me. /golf clap

• Fire 1

I wonder what will happen with all the DraftKings users who "bought" Rory on their fantasy team? I haven't looked, but I'll be there's a huge outcry. lol

Edit: Now that I think about it, it won't matter. IIRC, you can change your DraftKings lineup right up until shortly before the first tee off. Nevermind. :lol: