********OFFICIAL PGA Tour Discussion Thread ********

“We went on a trip a couple weekends ago to the Bahamas with some friends, first time I’ve ever been down there, and went out on a boat for a day and did some snorkeling and whatnot, and on the way back we threw in a couple of lines.
It wasn’t even a fishing boat. There was no chair or anything, but they had the belt, and just to see if we’d catch anything. They’re like, do you want to go the scenic route or the route that might catch a hog. We said, well, we already went the scenic round out there, so let’s go back the other way.
We hooked on a tuna, and I was hooked on a tuna for about 45 minutes to an hour. It was a big tuna, and then these little sharks were coming in trying to get a piece of it, and the captain was scaring them off banging on the boat and on the water, and all of a sudden it just rips back down again. I almost got pulled in.
And it was so much heavier, and I was just like, wait, these fish must have seen the sharks and just tried to avoid them. I found some extra strength or whatever. So we worked on it again. So in total it was two and a half hours. I had to take a break. My arm couldn’t move anymore.
I couldn’t move my arm. It was, like, shaking when I held it up. So I had the captain had to come in for about five minutes while a took a bathroom break, and I came back, took it back from him, so in total it was two and a half hours, and what surfaced was like a 12-foot long, 300-pound black tip shark that had eaten this tuna and then had hooked itself, so I guess I caught both in one because I got that shark.
But there was no room for the fish and dames on the back of the boat so we couldn’t pull it on, so the captain technically grabbed the line where it’s considered landing the fish, let go of it quickly, and then we let some string and it whipped the hook out. We were just going to cut it anyways.”
Jordan Spieth, on his trip to the Bahamas after winning the U.S. Open LINK

Ha ha! As if he wasn't my hero before. :lol:

• Fire 1

Yeah, I stepped in the kitchen to grab a drink and missed that. Then they were talking about it for a few minutes after it happened. What is the air cannon for? Did someone do that on purpose to screw Zach Johnson up, or was it a coincidence that it happened in his backswing? :dunno

Yeah, I stepped in the kitchen to grab a drink and missed that. Then they were talking about it for a few minutes after it happened. What is the air cannon for? Did someone do that on purpose to screw Zach Johnson up, or was it a coincidence that it happened in his backswing? :dunno

I'd bet it was a coincidence, but who knows.

Open Championship week, one of my favorites of the year!

I love ESPN's coverage, including 11+ hours per day, SVP, and ProTracer on tons of shots!

Definitely an interesting feel to this year's Open, especially with it being at a very "gettable" course (St. Andrews).

Rory McIlroy is not in the field, having injured a ligament "playing soccer". The embattled Tiger Woods's game took a step forward during the Greenbrier Classic, and the Open Championship is, in my opinion, Tiger's only chance at a 15th major title. Jordan Spieth continues his chase for history, as the sport continues its quest to find its next icon, but Spieth has never fared too well at the Open Championship to this point in his career. Louis Oosthuizen, fresh off an incredible comeback at Chamber's Bay, returns to the site of his Open victory in 2010 when he won by 4 shots over England's Paul Casey. Can 5-time major winner Phil Mickelson once again conquer his hoodoo overseas by capturing a second Open title? 2013 Masters Champion Adam Scott has come close to holding the Clarett Jug having held the lead going into the final round back in 2012 only to relinquish the lead to eventual champion Ernie Els. Will he add an Open Championship to his resume on Sunday? Or will one of the older major champions, Jim Furyk, Ernie Els, or dare I say Tom Watson, who is making his final appearance in the Open Championship turn back the clock and stun the field?

Or will it finally happen for three of golf's rising stars: Dustin Johnson, Rickie Fowler, or Jason Day? Dustin Johnson had the US Open in his back pocket before watching a 5-foot birdie putt slide past the 72nd hole at Chamber's Bay. He has the experience and the game to get to the final round in the lead or in contention, but hasn't been able to put it all together on the 4th day. Player's Champion Rickie Fowler hasn't been good in major tournaments this year, having finished 12th at Augusta on the heels of a remarkable final round before coming nowhere near making the cut at the US Open. Fowler likes links-style golf, perhaps St. Andrews will be the place of his first major title. Jason Day gained the respect of everyone when he played and contended while dealing with vertigo at the US Open. It's incredible that his game hasn't produced a major title.

Then there's golf's lovable bridesmaid, Lee Westwood. Westwood has come close so many times in his career before ultimately falling short. There's also golf's so-called villain, Sergio Garcia, who has yet to put it all together in a major tournament. But the closest he's come was at the British Open, where he fell in a playoff to Padraig Harrington. Brandt Snedeker has put together rounds overseas and has been playing very well of late, finishing in the Top 10 in each of his previous 4 starts. Could he conquer the field at St. Andrews?

Looks like the weather will be rough, with rain forecasted on Thursday and Friday before ultimately giving way to clouds and some occasional sun on Saturday and Sunday. Players have been shocked with how soft the course is playing, which leads me to believe that the true ball strikers may have a heyday this weekend.

That being said: here are my Top 5 players and a dark horse to win The Open Championship:

1) Jordan Speith

2) Dustin Johnson

3) Adam Scott

4) Louis Oosthuizen

5) Brandt Snedeker

Dark Horse: Tiger Woods

• Fire 1

Definitely an interesting feel to this year's Open, especially with it being at a very "gettable" course (St. Andrews).

Rory McIlroy is not in the field, having injured a ligament "playing soccer". The embattled Tiger Woods's game took a step forward during the Greenbrier Classic, and the Open Championship is, in my opinion, Tiger's only chance at a 15th major title. Jordan Spieth continues his chase for history, as the sport continues its quest to find its next icon, but Spieth has never fared too well at the Open Championship to this point in his career. Louis Oosthuizen, fresh off an incredible comeback at Chamber's Bay, returns to the site of his Open victory in 2010 when he won by 4 shots over England's Paul Casey. Can 5-time major winner Phil Mickelson once again conquer his hoodoo overseas by capturing a second Open title? 2013 Masters Champion Adam Scott has come close to holding the Clarett Jug having held the lead going into the final round back in 2012 only to relinquish the lead to eventual champion Ernie Els. Will he add an Open Championship to his resume on Sunday? Or will one of the older major champions, Jim Furyk, Ernie Els, or dare I say Tom Watson, who is making his final appearance in the Open Championship turn back the clock and stun the field?

Or will it finally happen for three of golf's rising stars: Dustin Johnson, Rickie Fowler, or Jason Day? Dustin Johnson had the US Open in his back pocket before watching a 5-foot birdie putt slide past the 72nd hole at Chamber's Bay. He has the experience and the game to get to the final round in the lead or in contention, but hasn't been able to put it all together on the 4th day. Player's Champion Rickie Fowler hasn't been good in major tournaments this year, having finished 12th at Augusta on the heels of a remarkable final round before coming nowhere near making the cut at the US Open. Fowler likes links-style golf, perhaps St. Andrews will be the place of his first major title. Jason Day gained the respect of everyone when he played and contended while dealing with vertigo at the US Open. It's incredible that his game hasn't produced a major title.

Then there's golf's lovable bridesmaid, Lee Westwood. Westwood has come close so many times in his career before ultimately falling short. There's also golf's so-called villain, Sergio Garcia, who has yet to put it all together in a major tournament. But the closest he's come was at the British Open, where he fell in a playoff to Padraig Harrington. Brandt Snedeker has put together rounds overseas and has been playing very well of late, finishing in the Top 10 in each of his previous 4 starts. Could he conquer the field at St. Andrews?

Looks like the weather will be rough, with rain forecasted on Thursday and Friday before ultimately giving way to clouds and some occasional sun on Saturday and Sunday. Players have been shocked with how soft the course is playing, which leads me to believe that the true ball strikers may have a heyday this weekend.

That being said: here are my Top 5 players and a dark horse to win The Open Championship:

1) Jordan Speith

2) Dustin Johnson

3) Adam Scott

4) Louis Oosthuizen

5) Brandt Snedeker

Dark Horse: Tiger Woods

My line-up, as of now, in the Yahoo pool is:

Starters:

A: Bubba Watson

B: Hideki Matsuyama

B: Dustin Johnson

C: Patrick Reed

Reserves:

A: Henrik Stenson

B: Jordan Spieth

B: Zach Johnson

C: Brendon Todd

I actually think Spieth is more likely to do well than Matsuyama. But I only have two starts left for Spieth, so I'm holding him in reserve for now.
Of course, since it's only Monday I'm sure I'll tweek my line-up at least a half dozen more times before tee off. :lol:

Looks like Dustin Johnson's Sunday putting is going to sink him again in a major. He's the best in the world from the tee box to getting on the green. He just needs to figure out how of operate the flat stick.

Looks like Dustin Johnson's Sunday putting is going to sink him again in a major. He's the best in the world from the tee box to getting on the green. He just needs to figure out how of operate the flat stick.

Happy Gilmore reference?

Ha ha! Yeah! Dustin Johnson is the Happy Gilmore of the PGA tour. :lol:

Happy Gilmore reference?

Ha ha! Yeah! Dustin Johnson is the Happy Gilmore of the PGA tour. :lol:

And I know sh#t about golf

I was rooting for the amateur, Paul Dunne. But he's stumbling out of the block today. Two holes, two over. That puts him three shots out of the lead with ten guys above him on the leaderboard. Probably not going to happen. :hmmph