The 2016 class figures to be in the 25 to 30 range.

Redmusky

How can anyone predict a 25 to 30 class ranking at this time. We really have no idea of who the current staff will go after, who they will continue to entertain, at least it would seem to me.

I expect this staff to bring in quality recruits, higher star ratings than the past staff, far more effort, and not accepting they are not coming because they have x number of stars.

I do not care how many Nebraska kids are given scholarships, only those qualified get them. I think this staff will search the state, but will not just hand out scollies willy nilly because they are from Nebraska. I certainly hope not.

So does the larger class that is neccessary next year indicate problems with balancing classes, and too many JC guys, or am I just beating the "Bo don't know recruiting" dead horse? I would like to think that at some point we should reach a kind of equilibrium where we aren't having to put out fires and being thin in certain positions like linebacker.

I suppose the 85 schollie limit gives less room for error with regard to depth. Unless, of course you habitually over-sign and cut players every year.

So does the larger class that is neccessary next year indicate problems with balancing classes, and too many JC guys, or am I just beating the "Bo don't know recruiting" dead horse? I would like to think that at some point we should reach a kind of equilibrium where we aren't having to put out fires and being thin in certain positions like linebacker.

I suppose the 85 schollie limit gives less room for error with regard to depth. Unless, of course you habitually over-sign and cut players every year.

I think the over signing helps with balancing the depth at all positions you only have to look at the SEC teams for proof. There is a book written by a x longhorn called Meat on the Hook, gave you a good inside look on how the coaches eliminated their mistakes.

Some classes are just smaller and some are larger. I think that's natural. Nebraska may have had some lower numbers recently which is leading to this, but no coach signs a huge class every year (maybe SEC excepted).

Although I do think Bo really didn't manage the numbers very tightly, and Riley seems more organized and will always try to maximize use of the available spots if he can. Compared to Bo, maybe that's a two or three spot difference in most classes (to throw a number out there).

Here is the number of recruits we have taken since 2008: (according to Scout.)

20015 = 20

2014 = 26

2013 = 25

2012 = 17

2011 = 20

2010 = 22

2009 = 21

2008 = 28

Not fully understanding why we had limited scholarships this year. The only thing I can think of is in 2010 we must have redshirted a lot and in 2011 we didn't. That put a lot of kids on the same year they graduate. That might have also been why we didn't have very many to give out in 2012.

It also appears that Bo learned the lesson and knew he couldn't live off of only having 20 or 22 kids per class. The last two were at least 25. I also think those were his best classes.