Better Call Saul

In the DVR era, Nielsen ratings should be obsolete. Lots of people record shows and watch them later. Those are not taken into account in these ratings. Also, lots of people are starting to get rid of cable all together with things like Netflix and Hulu becoming more and more popular. How many people have waited until its come out on Netflix to binge watch it? Networks need to take these things into consideration also and not just ratings when deciding to cancel a show.

• Fire 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Season three is a bit hit and miss. Some episodes are pretty entertaining and others pretty slow. But I didn't like season two until I binge watched it in Febuary. IMO, BCS is a good binge watching show because the episodes are seamless.

Yeah, I'm convinced binge watching is the way to go. I watched the first 2 seasons of BCS one week at a time and it seemed slow and much less enthralling than BB. But I just binged seasons 1 & 2 and all the way up to s3 ep8 and I have to tell ya that it now seems every bit as good as BB. I'm convinced binging (especially without commercials) makes all the difference in the world.

Side note- when I got done binging the first 2 seasons and went to do s3 on demand, I was so pissed. I could only get the last 3 episodes, 6-7-8. Didn't realize they only made them available for 3 weeks at a shot. Cost me $25 to buy the season pass just so I could watch s3 seamlessly.

I really like that they're getting everything neatly tied into Breaking Bad. It doesn't seem like there is much more room between BCS and BB before they'll have to introduce Walt and Jesse in BCS.

There are quite a few ways I think it could go. They could just end BCS when Walter shows up the first time to see Saul. They could overlap the shows but approach it more from Saul's perspective. Probably many other options. How do you all think it will go?

I really like that they're getting everything neatly tied into Breaking Bad. It doesn't seem like there is much more room between BCS and BB before they'll have to introduce Walt and Jesse in BCS.

There are quite a few ways I think it could go. They could just end BCS when Walter shows up the first time to see Saul. They could overlap the shows but approach it more from Saul's perspective. Probably many other options. How do you all think it will go?

We talked a little bit about this (page 2 I think), and that was one of the conclusions. Another was to take it to present day and find out what happens to him during the Cinnabon years.

Just started over at ep 1. I hardly remember any of this. I mostly just remember Chuck is a giant a**hole and Mike is a bad ass.

Ep 1: Chuck is trying to convince Jimmy not to use his own last name McGill for his practice. Jimmy thinks this is because of Howard but we know now how Chuck feels. He doesn't want his name to be soiled by his brother's use of it.

Anyone have thoughts on where they'll end the show? The fangirl in me wants it to be when Walt walks into Saul's office. But I don't know if that would be the best way to end it.

Also, I don't like the idea of Saul ending at Cinnabon. (Even though he deserves worse). I'd like something exciting to happen in Saul's present day.

NPR movie guy the other day says he thinks they'll do the lead up to Saul, the BB years (shortened of course) and then spend a decent amount of time on his life post BB move. Obviously he's in witness protection - was there a trial? We know from BB he has multiple ex wives - was Kim one? Who are the others? Etc. We'll have to be patient.

It's nice to have a show each week that you really look forward to seeing. It's the only one (as was BB) that I watch live time instead of on DVR the next day.

NM - there wasn't a trial. Remember the vacuum guy in BB? He hid Saul in Omaha. He even stayed in the same room with Walt in the vacuum guy's store.

We talked a little bit about this (page 2 I think), and that was one of the conclusions. Another was to take it to present day and find out what happens to him during the Cinnabon years.

Thanks. I'm all caught up on the discussion now. It never fails to bite me in the ass when I jump in without reading the whole thread.

I hadn't considered that they may run with Saul's current Cinnabon life. So far when they have portrayed his current day it's just seemed so drab and boring but I'm sure they could change that up if they desired. My guess would be that, if they go there, it will be in snippets or after they have played out any overlap with BB.

Thanks. I'm all caught up on the discussion now. It never fails to bite me in the ass when I jump in without reading the whole thread.

I hadn't considered that they may run with Saul's current Cinnabon life. So far when they have portrayed his current day it's just seemed so drab and boring but I'm sure they could change that up if they desired. My guess would be that, if they go there, it will be in snippets or after they have played out any overlap with BB.

He deserves to have a sucky life (even though he's so likable) but it's still really sad seeing him like that. I'd prefer if he could go out with a bang.

That's really the only reason I want them to end it with something happening in the present.

I think it is more likely that it will end with Walt walking into his office or that first meeting in the desert.

One thing with the timeline though, he told Walt and Jesse he had been married. Also Mike is just starting with Gus now. By BB time he had what seemed like long-trusted guys working for him. I feel like it's several years before BB still. But as far as character development he does seem to be getting close to his BB self.

He deserves to have a sucky life (even though he's so likable) but it's still really sad seeing him like that. I'd prefer if he could go out with a bang.

That's really the only reason I want them to end it with something happening in the present.

I think it is more likely that it will end with Walt walking into his office or that first meeting in the desert.

One thing with the timeline though, he told Walt and Jesse he had been married. Also Mike is just starting with Gus now. By BB time he had what seemed like long-trusted guys working for him. I feel like it's several years before BB still. But as far as character development he does seem to be getting close to his BB self.

Yeah its still about 6 years before breaking bad. I saw something in the show the other day, maybe Kims paperwork that said 2003? I think BB starts in 2009. After our discussion about their ratings the other day, I looked into it more. They still havent renewed it for season 4 which concerns me and the ratings really are not that good. I hope this show goes until they get to BB years but I really doubt it. Maybe like a netflix or hulu will pick it up if AMC pulls the plug. The producers and audience deserve a conclusion to the story.

If BCS doesn't have good enough ratings to continue there are only 2 possible choices. Either the system used to calculate viewership is antiquated and inaccurate or tv viewers are idiots. I will never believe any of these ridiculous reality type shows are more worthy than shows like BB or BCS. They have to renew and finish this.